• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

15 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Anyone else going to the Bills and Jets game on the 29th. That storm has been dithering between absolutely nothing, pounding rain, and sometimes heavy snow and wind. I would love to see it trend towards the snowy outcome.  At least the long range is showing signs of life.  

Not yet, was waiting to see what the weather will be as we most likely rest our starters as it won't have an impact on anything if we lose tomorrow. If tickets are really cheap I'll probably go as a celebratory day of the Bills season.

8 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Not yet, was waiting to see what the weather will be as we most likely rest our starters as it won't have an impact on anything if we lose tomorrow. If tickets are really cheap I'll probably go as a celebratory day of the Bills season.

Yeah I bought these tickets early in the season. At one point this game could have been incredibly important (thankfully not though). But if the bills win today next week suddenly gets more interesting as the bills at least have a shot of winning the afc east.  If the bills lose today next week will just be a snoozer. I could even see myself just eating the tix and staying home (unless there is interesting weather at the game). 

Ugh. What a sh.. pattern. Right in time for Christmas. Highs near 50, Monday and Tuesday. Bye bye to the 4” we have. 
It’s gonna be at least after the first week of January before we have anything interesting. Looks like El Niño type crap. 
Ya never know, something could pop up. 
It’s been an active start! 

3 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Ugh. What a sh.. pattern. Right in time for Christmas. Highs near 50, Monday and Tuesday. Bye bye to the 4” we have. 
It’s gonna be at least after the first week of January before we have anything interesting. Looks like El Niño type crap. 

I don't see what you're seeing...its pretty much right around the first if the year we get into a wintery pattern...potato potatoe...

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I don't see what you're seeing...its pretty much right around the first if the year we get into a wintery pattern...potato potatoe...

Clippers are 90% crap for Roc. Unless they go through N Pennsylvania, we downslope and end up with cold, windy weather and bare ground. It DOES look more interesting for BUF and the Tug who benefit from a SW flow and clipper moisture. 
No interesting synoptic or retrograde stuff until week 2 of January. 
Retrograde systems are fantastic for the south shore and there were some hints of a pattern like that late in the cycle

45 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Clippers are 90% crap for Roc. Unless they go through N Pennsylvania, we downslope and end up with cold, windy weather and bare ground. It DOES look more interesting for BUF and the Tug who benefit from a SW flow and clipper moisture. 
No interesting synoptic or retrograde stuff until week 2 of January. 
Retrograde systems are fantastic for the south shore and there were some hints of a pattern like that late in the cycle

You know it's funny but I always perceive our CWA as a whole and forget how many micro climates we have upstate. I hope there's a giant ass noreaster that has NE winds and enough Atlantic moisture to pound Rochester with 2 feet. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 12:52 AM, DeltaT13 said:

Anyone else going to the Bills and Jets game on the 29th. That storm has been dithering between absolutely nothing, pounding rain, and sometimes heavy snow and wind. I would love to see it trend towards the snowy outcome.  At least the long range is showing signs of life.  

Gfs has been very persistent on full cutter but doesn’t have much support

What a horrible post, lol! Not even remotely close to reality but it's time of forgiveness so I forgive you but Merry Christmas Dave, lol! Fun begins right after Christmas and especially the New Year so I'll stay positive during this upcoming holiday week. Pretty much a guaranteed white Christmas for us, dont know about the rest of the CWA but We'll be OK, just cause!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

.LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...
The pattern starts to at least try to change as the long term
progresses with a deep trough developing over the western CONUS.
This eventually allows for Pacific moisture in southwest flow to
advance toward the Great Lakes by late this week as the resident
ridge gradually deamplifies and becomes more positively-tilted. A
leading shortwave trough may start to work at the apex of the ridge
by Thursday with the Canadian and ECMWF favoring this scenario. This
would lead to less warm weather later in the week and wetter
conditions, however the GEFS doesn`t favor this scenario and
instead spins up a massive system for next weekend. Given the
amount of time between now and these eventualities, a blended
solution was favored with a modest decrease in warming late in
the week. While the models don`t agree much between Thursday
and then, there does see to be decent agreement on the next
shot of Arctic air making its way toward the region by the end
of next weekend. Granted, modeling systems all seem to be too
aggressive with these types of situations, so it wouldn`t be all
too shocking if it was delayed, but it certainly seems like the
trend amongst global ensembles to favor troughing spreading
east across North America beyond day 7.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:33 AM, cny rider said:

Wow does that suck.

I mean you look up the word "sucks" in the winter weather dictionary, you get that image.

Looks good to me, euro snows in the dacks, gfs big rain, cmc nothing.  I favor GFS given it’s been kicking butt in the long range