• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

It was pretty snowy over the last hour or so, at least the roads are covered and it looks pretty wintry out there.  I'm guessing we have an inch or so now.  My only hope for tonight is that the Georgian Bay band seems to have really established on a NW flow and might give us some love overnight, it looks quite healthy in this satellite image

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-LakeOntario-13-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=data

• Weenie 1

Man, what an anemic start to the LE season East of LO and even with sub -20C H850 temps we still cant get anything substantial to crank up. Without GB, LO is not a good producer with a NW flow so I'll leave it close to 11" for both the synoptic event and the meso Surprise and if not for rhat surprise, we'd be sitting with 5" for both events, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It was pretty snowy over the last hour or so, at least the roads are covered and it looks pretty wintry out there.  I'm guessing we have an inch or so now.  My only hope for tonight is that the Georgian Bay band seems to have really established on a NW flow and might give us some love overnight, it looks quite healthy in this satellite image

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-LakeOntario-13-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=data
I agree and I think she's gonna enhance the LO band and hit Wayne County pretty good for some of the evening but from there, who knows where she'll go, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

As an avid photographer, I have basically weekly images from the past 15 years...so it's a visual and digital journal. It's nice to go back and see how the years tend to compare. While some of us are complaining on the board, I've found we've had a pretty decent early winter pattern...especially compared to some years I have documented where the entire area literally had close to no snow leading right up to Christmas. Just a few samplings of this years snowy beauty...I think it's important for winter lovers to sometimes get away from the models and out in the stuff we love. Merry Christmas! 

49059649681_be2887ff7e_b.jpg

49162754543_31a2fe26db_b.jpg

49184917897_8df56e9218_b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1