• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

9 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Plattsburgh Pauly gonna win. Models sucking this year. Good 50-100 miles N with the big precip. 

Yet still no WWA or plows in the area. Concerning. 1.7 inches down as of 20 minutes ago. The precipitation has been very steady and consistent! Seems like these SWFE always end up NW of modeling. The Adirondacks deff need some pack; and it’s not in a rush to leave with the artic blast incoming . Sucks that we are controlled by the Burlington NWS and don’t have our own station :(. We are the red headed step child

7 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Dare I say I like a SWFE more the southern virga of a nor’easter. Lol

"Backbuilding" (and its cousin, deathband) is one of those uberweenie terms that those of us who have been online in wx forums since the 1990s robustly despise.  But once every decade or so it actually applies, as opposed to being a desperate figment of weenie imagination.  ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

...AND advisory was cancelled...lol

Whatevs...at least the ugly grass is covered up completely.

I’m not sure what you expected out of this storm?  I guess some of the model snowfall forecasts were in the 6 inch range but my experience is that those amounts are not to be taken verbatim.  I think most local Mets nailed this forecast.  The 3 inches here met my expectations. Now let’s add on a couple more inches tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CNY_WX said:

I’m not sure what you expected out of this storm?  I guess some of the model snowfall forecasts were in the 6 inch range but my experience is that those amounts are not to be taken verbatim.  I think most local Mets nailed this forecast.  The 3 inches here met my expectations. Now let’s add on a couple more inches tomorrow.

Maybe I should check out the local mets instead of wolfie's posts. lol

Hopefully we can get Lake Ontario to fire up with some nice cold air moving over it tomorrow. Time for SYR to catch up to BUF and ROC!

• Haha 1