Buffalo Airport        3.2   200 PM 12/11  NWS Office
   1 NW Williamsville     3.1   200 PM 12/11  NWS Employee
   Buffalo                3.0   830 AM 12/11  Broadcast Media
   1 NNW North Evans      3.0   900 AM 12/11  Public
   Harris Hill            2.4   530 PM 12/11  Trained Spotter
   Sardinia               1.5   700 AM 12/11  Trained Spotter
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

At this rate, Syracuse is going to keep falling behind Buffalo and Rochester even more. If Lake Erie didn't freeze over, those cities, especially Buffalo, would beat the crap out of Syracuse in the snowfall department.

Take it easy, it’s the bottom of the second and we’re down 2 runs.  One swing of the bat is all we need!

6 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Take it easy, it’s the bottom of the second and we’re down 2 runs.  One swing of the bat is all we need!

True enough...all it takes is one somewhat stationary band, with lots of waiting in between. That's where the couple inchers help to make it all ok.

Boy, the wind is gusting out there!

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

True enough...all it takes is one somewhat stationary band, with lots of waiting in between. That's where the couple inchers help to make it all ok.

Boy, the wind is gusting out there!

Pretty solid dusting of snow here.  Maybe 0.1" if I'm feeling generous. KBGM was spot on for no. Onondaga cty.  It is windy and sh*tty cold out though, so we have that going for us. Which is nice. 

Thinking of washing the car tomorrow or friday. The next two rainstorms should undo the megatons of salt thrown on the roads in Clay for the 15 minutes of snow we received.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Pretty solid dusting of snow here.  Maybe 0.1" if I'm feeling generous. KBGM was spot on for no. Onondaga cty.  It is windy and sh*tty cold out though, so we have that going for us. Which is nice.

I’ve had some periods of fairly decent snow here this evening.  Probably closing in on an inch.

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

And like clock work Montague is froze lol

I thought maybe it was my $1,000 phone that was screwing up, or cookies needed erased. But before I went there i saw KBGM was updating, so it was the multi million dollar radar site, or possibly an IT problem...which may be the case as enterprise IT is usually the root of most evil in the world today. 

8 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Thinking of washing the car tomorrow or friday. The next two rainstorms should undo the megatons of salt thrown on the roads in Clay for the 15 minutes of snow we received.

Maybe we'll get some flurries from the system after that misses us to the Southeast to cover up the ugly leftover snow piles?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I’ve had some periods of fairly decent snow here this evening.  Probably closing in on an inch.

We are at "de minimis" level of snow here. A flew flurries flying.  I've resorted to perusing the backwaters of extended range models for any snow prior to Xmas. Mostly a dumpster fire, which is may be a good sign.

11 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I thought they fixed that old ass Doppler site. I remember that one year where it went out every other day. They just did maintenance on it too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

There are abandoned Soviet probes from the 1960s on the surface of Venus that have better reliability than KTYX.