• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

All graupel here at the office across from the airport. Band has definitely reintensified and looks good on radar. Probably also a bit of a southward dip the last frame...i don't think the band will really truly make it to areas north of the 90 split to Albany

Looking at the traffic cams really sharp cutoff where the snow mix is hitting. 90 at the tolls looks mainly rain. 90 at Transit it’s snow at a good clip. It’s a full on down pouring rain here currently.

Tues-Thurs next week look interesting. 

Looking out just beyond the end of this period...there is increasing
agreement amongst the medium range models that much colder air will
then overspread our region for the middle and latter portions of
next week. If realized...this would result in temperatures falling
back to below normal levels...which in turn could lead to the
potential for significant lake snows downwind of the lakes dependent
upon how the background synoptic environment evolves across our
region. Stay tuned...

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I don't have much to track so I'll fall back to my weather mistress, WIND!!   The GFS sure has been hinting at a high end Wind Event next Tuesday.  The 6z run today was perfection!  

Delta stop. The wind is destroying my vinyl fence panel by panel...I need it to get through spring. In the process of suing the guy who did it. It's not a fun process...If I don't win I have to come up with $4k to fix it this spring. :(

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Delta stop. The wind is destroying my vinyl fence panel by panel...I need it to get through spring. In the process of suing the guy who did it. It's not a fun process...If I don't win I have to come up with $4k to fix it this spring. :(

Yeah honestly as a homeowner the two things I could do without weather wise are freezing rain and high wind events. Both have the potential for true catastrophic effects both physical to the house and personal to our safety.

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

Yeah honestly as a homeowner the two things I could do without weather wise are freezing rain and high wind events. Both have the potential for true catastrophic effects both physical to the house and personal to our safety.

I used to love wind events until I got my home and my vinyl fence... :lol:

• Haha 2

Had light rain at home (Snyder) when I left for work around 830, flipped to snow east of Transit in Lancaster (extra few miles away from the lake did the trick).  Been snowing steadily at work all morning.  Eyeballing 4" new here (Pleasant View Drive, north side of Lancaster).  Probably about 1"/hour in heaviest bursts, accumulating surprisingly well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I live in the oldest scariest neighborhood surrounded by giant trees that could destroy everything, but I still love that wind.  It's just such a tangible and powerful phenomenon to witness, It's the best.  You can't hate weather because of something like that.  

Sorry about your fence, maybe its just best to let the wind finish it off so you have a stronger case when you go to court.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There is a pretty big LES event on GFS Late tuesday into thursday next week. Winds look WSW at this time. And cold air will not be an issue this time around.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png

gfs_T850_us_30.png

From this far out it looks to give everyone from the Niagara Frontier to the deep southtowns their fair share.

31 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I thought this event tonight was a West to West Southwest flow event why am I seeing a band on a West Northwest flow from Beeville to Syracuse??

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

U know the routine by now lol

Once the SW swings through the band will break up and potentially reorganize to south on a NW flow. 

Lake effect snow will be ongoing southeast of both Lake Erie and
Lake Ontario Thursday morning within a northwest flow as
troughing remains over Ontario. Synoptic moisture will get
stripped away through the day with lake snows diminishing during
the late morning/early afternoon. Narrow ridging sliding over
the area will also help to weaken the lake response. Additional
snowfall amounts up to 2 inches are likely in the areas of lake
effect snow

Yeah, doesn't make sense.
StormTotalSnow.png&key=449bb2ea0d98bbba7ad59841cecc279a01fb6a3ff31df81435896eec99421465

Few of the meso are trying to build that NW band tomorrow...
f1428c473f06f68e10b4d5c0a34df426.gif

BUF says otherwise...

Lake effect snow will be ongoing southeast of both Lake Erie and
Lake Ontario Thursday morning within a northwest flow as
troughing remains over Ontario. Synoptic moisture will get
stripped away through the day with lake snows diminishing during
the late morning/early afternoon.