• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

46 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Ratios for this event was exactly 10-1 for northern Oswego, 8/1-9/1 for southern Oswego according to cocorahs..

I was bang on 10:1 for Part 2 and around 0.6:1 for Part 1, with the sleet.  

Its a sad day when I have to tip my cap to the Kuchera method.  ;) 

• Haha 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

I never root for my NFL team to lose but the Giants need to bench everyone and call it' a season lol Number 1 pick still in play..We need Chase Young!!!! 

Exactly.  Two Yuge "must lose" matches upcoming against the Deadskins and Dolphins.  Yesterday was a perfect day for the Giants draft with all the sh*tty teams winning, other than us.  We are even in the game for #1 overall with the Bungles beating the NY Mess.

I was a little concerned yesterday that the snow in NJ might have thrown Rogers off but fortunately the warm nose did its job.  ;)

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

1-2 degs colder and we would be talking Advs Weds for SW flow lake enhancement.

hrdps_asnow_neus_48.png

rgem_asnow_neus_48.png

Yeah that shipped sailed...nothing more than a wet snow scenario WITH at most an inch in metro...at this point im kinda rooting for the next few weeks to be quiet, normal temps on average and then get smoked by an LES event lasting several days...now if I only had a coin for the wishing well...

16 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Exactly.  Two Yuge "must lose" matches upcoming against the Deadskins and Dolphins.  Yesterday was a perfect day for the Giants draft with all the sh*tty teams winning, other than us.  We are even in the game for #1 overall with the Bungles beating the NY Mess.

I was a little concerned yesterday that the snow in NJ might have thrown Rogers off but fortunately the warm nose did its job.  ;)

Did you forget where Rodgers plays most of his games?  Yesterday was a day at the beach for him, lol.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The Bills are the 2nd best team in the AFC, the Pats looked terrible last night. The Bills destroyed Dallas in Dallas on thanksgiving. Ravens are the best team in the NFL. This week is HUGE. If we beat the Ravens at home we control our own destiny for top AFC team. Allen is legit. 

Slow down. Allen is just ok at this point. The next 3 games will show me a lot about his abilities. I watched the fins game yesterday while switching between the ravens-niners game and when Josh allen can do what ryan Fitzpatrick is doing with really no talent around him making mediocre talent better then I'll look at him differently. I've always laughed at the notion that we needed to surround our quarterback, whoever it was/is with better talent tells me that without better players he wouldn't be successful. The greats, brees, Manning (not Eli), Rodgers, rivers, Brady, Wilson, they make everyone else around them better not the other way around. Those players have had multiple receivers, running backs, tight ends, coordinators etc...and im not a hater just a realist. I think josh is good but not great. Great is reserved for actual greatness over many years of success and managing many scenarios successfully. Then and then you'll know if he's great. And no they are not better than Frisco, new Orleans, Seattle or still the pats...until they beat them when it matters.

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

Slow down. Allen is just ok at this point. The next 3 games will show me a lot about his abilities. I watched the fins game yesterday while switching between the ravens-niners game and when Josh allen can do what ryan Fitzpatrick is doing with really no talent around him making mediocre talent better then I'll look at him differently. I've always laughed at the notion that we needed to surround our quarterback, whoever it was/is with better talent tells me that without better players he wouldn't be successful. The greats, brees, Manning (not Eli), Rodgers, rivers, Brady, Wilson, they make everyone else around them better not the other way around. Those players have had multiple receivers, running backs, tight ends, coordinators etc...and im not a hater just a realist. I think josh is good but not great. Great is reserved for actual greatness over many years of success and managing many scenarios successfully. Then and then you'll know if he's great. And no they are not better than Frisco, new Orleans, Seattle or still the pats...until they beat them when it matters.

I said the AFC. Allen doesn't really have any great weapons. Beasley is a wr3, Brown a wr2. We don't have that Julio, Adams, Green, etc.. WR1. He doesn't have a great TE either and the RB are average. No real dynamic speed or power rusher. He's doing quite a bit with average players. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Did you forget where Rodgers plays most of his games?  Yesterday was a day at the beach for him, lol.

Discount Double Check is not a cold weather guy.  Born and raised in Cali (and Oregon) and played CFB there also.  People used to say Favre was a cold weather QB also...and he was from freaking Mississippi.  The day the Giants beat Favre in the NFC Championship game in zero degree weather, Favre looked like it was the last place in the world he wanted to be.  

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I said the AFC. Allen doesn't really have any great weapons. Beasley is a wr3, Brown a wr2. We don't have that Julio, Adams, Green, etc.. WR1. He doesn't have a great TE either and the RB are average. No real dynamic speed or power rusher. He's doing quite a bit with average players. 

I think alot of it is the RPO's that daboll dials up. It was said during the game on Thanksgiving that the bills are not a traditional run team say like the Titans or Pittsburgh is. That helps Josh a lot with defenses having to stay honest and play any possibility, and around, jet sweeps, qb keeper...that offense keeps you guessing.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Concrete allows for a good pack. That will likely last at least a few weeks. Would allow me to go cross country skiing, I'm all about it. 

You think? Isn't it supposed to be in the 40's a few times in the next 10 days? Plus the ground really hasn't frozen up but you might be right.

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

What is up with this dry wedge in the Syracuse/Northern Finger Lakes area? Persistent...while it snows all around.

I know I am partially to blame...lol

We’ve got a pretty good area of moisture moving in from the east on radar of it can survive the rest of the trip.  Another 0.6 inches of snow this morning puts me just about at 9 inches for the storm.  I’ve given up on making a foot but 10 inches is a nice round number.

29 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Yeah that shipped sailed...nothing more than a wet snow scenario WITH at most an inch in metro...at this point im kinda rooting for the next few weeks to be quiet, normal temps on average and then get smoked by an LES event lasting several days...now if I only had a coin for the wishing well...

Make sure you book Dec 15-19th as the next big LES event. I'll be in Florida, you know it's going to happen. I'll be booking a quick flight home if it does. ^_^

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

We’ve got a pretty good area of moisture moving in from the east on radar of it can survive the rest of the trip.  Another 0.6 inches of snow this morning puts me just about at 9 inches for the storm.  I’ve given up on making a foot but 10 inches is a nice round number.

It looks like it just keeps running through a strainer. Tries coming west, but just falls apart.

About 10 inches of HEAVY, wet snow here. 4 inches from yesterday, and 6 inches from overnight. Mostly flurries with a few bursts of snow all morning. Snow is definitely compacting already.