• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Well, the critical thickness lines are sagging south now fortunately, as the secondary low forms and the primary fills. Earlier this afternoon the 1540 (850-700 THK) had made it's way north as far as central Oswego county and we flipped to IP/PL/SN mix around KSYR.  As you can see now, its south of KSYR.  So we should remain all snow from here on out around KSYR and points NW.  This worked pretty well today as the 1300 line stayed south of KSYR but the 1540 line got north of here (warm layer aloft with cold at surface), hence we had frozen precip but not straight Snow.

Anyone wanting to refresh their memory on p-types and thickness values, check THIS LINK out.  If you don't know what Thickness is, well...hit the books. Or not.

thck.gif

THK Snapshot.jpg

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

If it snows like this all night, I can see us easily hitting the 1 foot mark here. 

Time for me to stop looking at models, and look out the window at what's actually falling, and enjoy!

i stay away from models on game days.  Fortunately Wolfie keeps us appraised of some of them during storms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Damn that stinks.  Sorry to hear it.  What setups actually work up there?

Something similar to the early November event. Had a foot then. That was even a bit too north for me. An inland runner with the 500mb running south of Albany is usually good.SWFE are good here when we get them

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

i stay away from models on game days.  Fortunately Wolfie keeps us appraised of some of them during storms.

Wise choice. It sure is fun to watch the radar right now though with all the different motion in bands.

Wolfie and those Kuchera maps...………………………….. :P 

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wise choice. It sure is fun to watch the radar right now though with all the different motion in bands.

Wolfie and those Kuchera maps...………………………….. :P 

Just measured again at 1030.  Fresh 3" since i cleared the board at 3pm.  Total of 6.5" here thusfar.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Precip is still rain over this way...

Yeah, wunderground stations are reporting 33-35 F all the way out to Akron. There were always gonna be p-type issues with this storm in WNY, which is why I haven’t given it much thought — those kind of storms never seem to work out for the lake plain. Glad to hear Albany is jackpotting, they have drawn the short stick for years. Fingers crossed for Rochester to the east.

• Like 1

Downstate UB kids are mad that classes are in session, since the weather sucks pretty much everywhere in between an hour east of Buffalo and an hour northeast of NYC. Lots of cancellations, but there was a long lead time in the forecast for this event, so no sympathy.