• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, ayuud11 said:

Man ROC threading the needle with this one I’d be worried about a bust if I was them. CNY looks golden tho so early congrats!!

The only thing working for us right now is a very cold boundary layer which is changing everything to sleet. Minimal icing so far. 25 degrees in my backyard.  If we change to rain, watch out. It will ice up stunningly fast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

The only thing working for us right now is a very cold boundary layer which is changing everything to sleet. Minimal icing so far. 25 degrees in my backyard.  If we change to rain, watch out. It will ice up stunningly fast. 

Major icing going on in BUF right now and all the NWS has us for is WWA wtf lol? What are their criteria for ice storm warning?

Just now, ayuud11 said:

Major icing going on in BUF right now and all the NWS has us for is WWA wtf lol? What are their criteria for ice storm warning?

Ice storm warning is .50” or more.  The big difference is whether or not that is radial thickness or full diameter. I can’t remember and can’t seem to find it. 

Yeah I’m quite surprised how much ice is built up already. Tree limbs are starting to sag a bit. Looks like a brief lull in the precip next hour before it starts back up again... It’s like a hockey rink outside right now. Think the roads have been an issue due to the precip rate being so heavy it’s just washing the salt off the road...

ed6a9c846c12610e9473f0c55b452046.jpg

19 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Do you mean total of everything on the ground?!  We are going to have a couple inches of sleet if nothing else, but I think we’ll get 2-4 inches of snow on top once the secondary takes over. 

I’ve never liked this storm for Roc. The front end was always taint. And I never thought the secondary would push west enough. I agree 1” is probably ridiculous, I threw it down yesterday and stuck with it. 2-4” is a good call. Wayne county has always had a better shot. But you NEVER know how banding sets up. It can be 75 west or east of prog 

Just now, tim123 said:

Rgem has 1 inch in roc for nex 9 hours then 8 inches tonight and tomortow 

Yeah, and with the cutoff, like Ayuud said, right across Monroe. It’s a 1 or 10” deal. Nightmare shit for a local forecaster. 
For what it’s worth, big fluffy flakes up here in Irondequoit. No real accums yet. Just a layer of sleet.