Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

Just now, geo1 said:

Even east coast! But either way the biggest December storm pre 12-15 I can remember in MA

Dec '92 was December 11-12....that one was bigger....though this one spread more goods to the CT river valley than that one did.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Not sure about others but I love long duration events like this.  It's not often that we have an event that has rounds and is multi-faceted.  There's so many different factors to look at.  I've enjoyed this system and I didn't even jack in it...lol

Awww you didn’t hit the jackpot? Unfortunately I have no sympathy for the foot plus u prob got when us coastal folk’ got a coating which melted away 3 hours ago. It was a unique and interesting system for sure, but would have loved if the coast would have gotten some love. Enjoy!

Dec 2003 had 16.9 at Logan and most think that was 6-8 low given pns.   That was the storm I got stuck in Dallas for....finally when I could come home I was routed through LGA which reported about the same snow as BOS.  No comparison to ground truth of snow otg-BOS much more.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s 2 no fails for big snows in SNE. 
#1 Deep easterly inflow and Ginx posted it days ago 

#2 ULL south of LI.

Whenever those two are both present there will be BIG totals and if one or the other is present there will be minimally a moderate snowfall. Remember that that that were making love to little snow model runs 

One bite everybody knows the rule

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Dec 2003 had 16.9 at Logan and most think that was 6-8 low given pns.   That was the storm I got stuck in Dallas for....finally when I could come home I was routed through LGA which reported about the same snow as BOS.  No comparison to ground truth of snow otg-BOS much more.

I remember that one in NNJ. It was a 2 part storm also if I'm not mistaken but I remember the Sunday after it all stopped, watching football with over 14". Best early storm I had there I can remember until October 2011.

Final here:

Round 1:  1"

Round 2:  5.8"

Total: 6.8"

About 3" at my place, with one more small patch upstream.  Two-thirds came noon-3 PM.  Interesting trip to Augusta during those hours - light snow as we set out, to moderate within 5 miles, then S++ coming out of Belgrade Village with visibility about 100 yards, could never see 2 utility poles at the same time.  That lasted to Christy's Irving, another 5 miles or so, with 6" snow piles in the not-recently-plowed road to add some challenge.  Back to light snow in Augusta, then very light for the trip home.