Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

32 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

I don't ever recall having so much snow in a storm and never having gotten above a WWA. I guess it is the amount over time. Anyhow, I'll take a long lasting snow storm anytime. I get the coverage and the duration. Can't really beat it.

Yup ... and NWS made that very clear in their discussion prior to the event, that they were taking that philosophy/tact with this thing... 

Having said that... I don't know about the wisdom in/and public perception of having done so personally - not that you or anyone asked.  PR and idiocracy factors don't really align with their level of precision and adherence to time-spans like that.  Silly really -  

No ...the average person doesn't judicially judge these sort of things anywhere close to those internal aspects, ...and actually, the vast majority don't read their tech/reasoning discussions either.  They may not like hearing this, BUT, they need to consider how these advisories and warnings are consumed. More so at that end - but that's just imho.   NWS does not exist for their own precision - they exist paid for by the public ;) 

To be fair, those time requirements work much of the time. However, this is/was an unusual circumstance that requires(d) a mutation of those requirements - this was a warning by totality of event scenario, sorry. More so than the other line of reasoning and though it is just my opinion, the PR angle should have been considered like the former.  Civility isn't ready nor responsible enough for their precision.  Maybe some day...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Getting some steadier snow now. A decent band is just to our west so it's gliding in our way via NW flow under the beam.

This has been mod to heavy for a while now and if we don’t lose the forcing radar says it will get heavier shortly.  I have to drive to mht shortly -how were the roads?

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

This has been mod to heavy for a while now and if we don’t lose the forcing radar says it will get heavier shortly.  I have to drive to mht shortly -how were the roads?

A little glaciated from exit 17 to 13, but not bad with 4wd. That was at 6am too.