Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah honestly I don't actually pay much attention to those hyper ala carte model types ... For all conceits and purposes of tech and excruciating computing power, they seem to throw almost as many variances, where just using the global models and smoothing them in mind's eye toward common sense works just as well.  

But, part of the "don't really use the HRRR" means lack of exposure to that guidance sourcing; so objective fairness requires that I don't actually impugn the model -  I'm just saying as such from what I gather from what people post about it. Good and bad... and I'm lazy? ...so I rely on the smoothing above.  

That said, Will mentioned the HRRR snowing through mid afternoon and that seems to be matching well - that's all I know ...haha 

It also nailed the north/central CT enhancement  last night better than most.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Up to 11.0” with that heavy band the last hour. 

Ha ha... 

Kevin could figuratively put his lap top down, stand up...walk out his front door, and down to the end of his street and he'd be out of the storms western periphery and not part it for that 2 minute excursion... Yet it's all, " up to 11.0" this and that on this last heavy band ...  

• Haha 1

Surprising here. We had about 10 on the ground yesterday morning according to our in-town spotter. Probably added a couple during the day yesterday and I just removed at least 6 more from the driveway just now. That band that came through in the morning meant business. The HRRR had it for a while yesterday but then lost the idea last night. 

Just now, J Paul Gordon said:

I don't ever recall having so much snow in a storm and never having gotten above a WWA. I guess it is the amount over time. Anyhow, I'll take a long lasting snow storm anytime. I get the coverage and the duration. Can't really beat it.

Interesting how this storm fits into NWS headline criteria. Technically would have verified two separate warnings under the 12 hour criteria here.

In from what will probably be last round of snowblowing.  10.5" yesterday and 5.5 last night/today.  A NICE way to start off the snow season, that is for sure.  Got to exercise my new 50" snowblower on the Kubota, too.  So nice to blow through a foot of snow while drinking coffee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

@CoastalWx you were so right about that weenie band setting up from NORH to DIT.  You're so smart!!!! It just won't stop! 

It didn't quite set up the way I envisioned, but thanks. I certainly didn't expect those amounts...just that the forcing for a time late yesterday looked prime. I just went like 12 hrs longer...lol. 

• Thanks 1