Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Congratulations, you finally avoided the valley snowhole.

And he looks like the jackpot of the valley too.  No more complaints...lol

I had 14" from both rounds and am very happy.  I think there's a layer of at least 3-4" of sleet under last nights 8" which should have some good staying power.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

There's a bit of an enhanced plume about to rotate SW out of lower Maine and quickly...  Maybe a good inch in that - 

I'm now 6.5" since this recommenced last evening here in Ayer.  Bringing the two day total storm total to 15.5" ... HRRR ftw ? 

HRRR was so bad last night, RGEM, CMC, GFS, 3k NAM even a version of the ARW had caught on to the ULL by then

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

HRRR was so bad last night, RGEM, CMC, GFS, 3k NAM even a version of the ARW had caught on to the ULL by then

Yeah honestly I don't actually pay much attention to those hyper ala carte model types ... For all conceits and purposes of tech and excruciating computing power, they seem to throw almost as many variances, where just using the global models and smoothing them in mind's eye toward common sense works just as well.  

But, part of the "don't really use the HRRR" means lack of exposure to that guidance sourcing; so objective fairness requires that I don't actually impugn the model -  I'm just saying as such from what I gather from what people post about it. Good and bad... and I'm lazy? ...so I rely on the smoothing above.  

That said, Will mentioned the HRRR snowing through mid afternoon and that seems to be matching well - that's all I know ...haha