Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yes, they look intense but are not.  One came through 45 minutes ago and gave me a 5 minute moderate but others are just few flakes flying

Very light snow falling.   3.3" from round one and 1.5" from round two     4.8" storm total which is about what I was expecting with this system.  Really a nothing burger in Dendriteland but I was never invested.  Congrats to the many that got a good storm!

You beat me in both rounds. It looks to be doing the same thing at home. I saw some big flakes pop up on cam for a few minutes when that 30-35dBZ went trough, but nbd otherwise. Ill probably end up with under 4" total when all is said and done.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

I don't think they blew it. They just didn't think widespread 6+ (did anyone?), and by the time they realized what was happening it was too late. It could have gone the other way too, and they would get criticized for it. It's easy to be the Monday morning quarterback.

Cmon dude.. Dont you recall seeing days and days of model prognostications showing most of CT outside of Fairfield county with near nada?  Those maps will be permanently etched in my memory. And those areas that were portrayed as such, especially central ct counties, received 8-12 more than was being portrayed..   Thats a big bust for this area.  

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yes, they look intense but are not.  One came through 45 minutes ago and gave me a 5 minute moderate but others are just few flakes flying

Very light snow falling.   3.3" from round one and 1.5" from round two     4.8" storm total which is about what I was expecting with this system.  Really a nothing burger in Dendriteland but I was never invested.  Congrats to the many that got a good storm!

Not bad really for being more northwest. We only got 1" yesterday, little to nothing overnight. We'll see if we can get into some of the banding, but my expectation is the same as yesterday; 2-3", maybe 4-5" if we're lucky.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

You beat me in both rounds. It looks to be doing the same thing at home. I saw some big flakes pop up on cam for a few minutes when that 30-35dBZ went trough, but nbd otherwise. Ill probably end up with under 4" total when all is said and done.

I was out on the morning walk and got into some moderate for 10 minutes, then a pause and moderate now.  About 5.5 total.  It is still backing in and what looks like a band might be forming from our ne and pushing west into CON now.  Who knows.  At least it is pretty, looks like winter, and is a low enough depth to walk without snowshoes.

8 minutes ago, Powderboy413 said:

I don’t really remember that one. I remember getting a couple events but not a big 20” one.

It could have been January of 2017 then. We had 20" at the house and skied Berkshire East after they got 22". All fell during the day time I remember that much about it.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You still beat me