Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

15 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

KALB came in wit 22.6".  Beat the Xmas 2002 storm by an inch there. Biggest since the March 1993 Superstorm.

Here I have had many 20"+ events such as 46" in 2/10, 24" on  3/14/17, 25" on 3/2/18, etc.  But the airport is big snow challenged.

I was just kidding him about his parents not clearing for their measurement.  JSpin is probably the most meticulous snow measurer there is.

7 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

I dont think any of them had the foot that many in the county received... And BOX blew it by not issuing a WSW for the area as well..  Positive busts, while somewhat rare, are definitely preferable to negative ones.

I don't think they blew it. They just didn't think widespread 6+ (did anyone?), and by the time they realized what was happening it was too late. It could have gone the other way too, and they would get criticized for it. It's easy to be the Monday morning quarterback.

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mesos had me with 0 snow when I went to bed..... like we said nowcast the crap out of this beast

Yeah. I was surprised to wake up to 5-6 new, and I went to bed late, probably midnight, and got up at 5:30, so that shit came in like Miley Cyrus wrecking ball style...fast, furious, and a bit nasty.   

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mesos had me with 0 snow when I went to bed..... like we said nowcast the crap out of this beast

It certainly appears to be incoming

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I want to thank the folks on the water for melting-brought it back in from the dead!

It wasn't just folks on the water. Although I may have raised the sea level by a few feet with my melt.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Man. All of these convective elements are virga too. What a disastah. 

Congrats though guys and gals. Pretty epic for everyone south of here. 

Yes, they look intense but are not.  One came through 45 minutes ago and gave me a 5 minute moderate but others are just few flakes flying

Very light snow falling.   3.3" from round one and 1.5" from round two     4.8" storm total which is about what I was expecting with this system.  Really a nothing burger in Dendriteland but I was never invested.  Congrats to the many that got a good storm!

13 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

I don't think they blew it. They just didn't think widespread 6+ (did anyone?), and by the time they realized what was happening it was too late. It could have gone the other way too, and they would get criticized for it. It's easy to be the Monday morning quarterback.

They had ORH county in a WWA for 8 to 12. It happens