Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

13 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Great storm ! Rick did you clear an area/board for this measurement 

looked like someone just south of you is getting 30” or def in Albany general area given earlier reports 

Yeah I cleared about three times during the event. I measure on my open back deck and also have a board back in my vegetable garden area. 25" was the final.  Sometimes it's very tough here with our wind, but little to no wind here while it snowed. A little breezy now and 20. Sun popped out.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My folks measured 22” on the ground near ALB.  With settling and such I’m sure they were over 2 feet of “snowfall” if they bothered to clear at all.

E72C3459-BE59-4900-BFC0-D2A59780C0E5.thumb.jpeg.e80dfe0174e266ea19b4031985efc2f6.jpeg

You should bring them up and have JSpin give them a snow measuring seminar.  Complete with coring for LE section

Just now, mreaves said:

You should bring them up and have JSpin give them a snow measuring seminar.  Complete with coring for LE section

KALB came in wit 22.6".  Beat the Xmas 2002 storm by an inch there. Biggest since the March 1993 Superstorm.

Here I have had many 20"+ events such as 46" in 2/10, 24" on  3/14/17, 25" on 3/2/18, etc.  But the airport is big snow challenged.

17 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

well we did slot for a long time, its just that bad that the NAM/EC and other models had really paid off and wasn't just some transient 1-3 type deal.

I dont think any of them had the foot that many in the county received... And BOX blew it by not issuing a WSW for the area as well..  Positive busts, while somewhat rare, are definitely preferable to negative ones.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

They probably had about 25"....I had a 22" settled depth after the Jann 2005 powder bomb...my total was 25"

Yeah that sounds about right, I just hate guessing snowfall from depth but seems like you could add a couple inches to the depth given the long duration.  

I’m not a huge fan of showing a photo of 22” and then reporting it as 25”...just two different methods.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah that sounds about right, I just hate guessing snowfall from depth but seems like you could add a couple inches to the depth given the long duration.  

I’m not a huge fan of showing a photo of 22” and then reporting it as 25”...just two different methods.

I can tell you’re happy for them lol. They’ve been porked until last few years. Good for them.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Eric Radar man measured 24 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I can tell you’re happy for them lol. They’ve been porked until last few years. Good for them.

It’s always fun when the old stomping grounds gets crushed.  Can picture sitting with the laptop all night in high school watching it dump.  My final year there was the great 02-03 winter when we got like 50” from Xmas to Jan 4th.