• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

I'm curious how everyone did/averaged E of I-495, where last night there was resent if not vitriol regarding the snow total forecasts seemingly not matching the "illusion" of now-cast at the time.

I must admit, I too was a little surprised to see a solid new 6" on my wipe board this morning here in Ayer, and I suspect they snowed yet more say Willmington/Essex Co ?? So, those late snow totals forecasts nailed it if so - 

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

everything will be close to melted by dusk. Roads only have like .5-1 on them. Sunny day and temps in the upper 30s

Nah...Not so much here. Roads sure, but They’ll be plenty of snowcover here by dusk.  Super weak sun angle doesn’t go to work as fast this time of year. 

• Like 1

Boy the models really nailed that western foist of the surface low toward the Maine coast.   You can really get a sense of that happening as we type, both sat and rad looping. 

I don't think this is going to end very fast in eastern Mass and coastal SE NH given that low needs to move along it's typical curved trajectory ...Fuji Wara style around the mid level vortex. It will probably start weakening, and that may dwindle off the intensity but until that low pivots S of and finally starts slipping E ..we're probably going to be rotating globules of light to moderate snow bursts like this. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Boy the models really nailed that western foist of the surface low toward the Maine coast.   You can really get a sense of that happening as we type, both sat and rad looping. 

I don't think this is going to end very fast in eastern Mass and coastal SE NH given that low needs to move along it's typical curved trajectory ...Fuji Wara style around the mid level vortex. It will probably start weakening, and that may dwindle off the intensity but until that low pivots S of and finally starts slipping E ..we're probably going to be rotating globules of light to moderate snow bursts like this. 

HRRR doesn't shut off the steady stuff for E MA until 18z and it lingers residual mood snows into late afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

HRRR nailed  that band through North Central Ct. .. Nice positive bust here for the globals after portraying days of CT dryslot of death.

well we did slot for a long time, its just that bad that the NAM/EC and other models had really paid off and wasn't just some transient 1-3 type deal.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

My folks measured 22” on the ground near ALB.  With settling and such I’m sure they were over 2 feet of “snowfall” if they bothered to clear at all.

E72C3459-BE59-4900-BFC0-D2A59780C0E5.thumb.jpeg.e80dfe0174e266ea19b4031985efc2f6.jpeg

They probably had about 25"....I had a 22" settled depth after the Jann 2005 powder bomb...my total was 25"