Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

Down to 31.2F now, overcast. Not expecting much tonight but another 2" or so would certainly be welcome.

Looking at radar you can see the returns slowly sagging south near the Mass Pike and filling in to the east. There should be some periods of snow tonight.  I don't see alot of evidence pointing to us getting shut out from here.

4 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

Irish girl (from Kilkenny) that cuts my hair almost gave me a crew cut last month. Finally looks decent but no blowing in the wind. :)  Thanks all for the congrats..  Just luck.

I've never seen you without your hat.  Still think of that avatar when I see you post.

220px-Chief_Wiggum.png

Tough forecast with this current storm, lots of head fakes. However, models were incredibly consistent showing that Albany right across Central/Northern Mass were gonna get smoked. Also, incredibly consistent in showing a gaping dry slot over CT. It is truly fascinating psychology(not to get all Tippy on everyone)to see what has the highest probability of occurring, yet the weenie in us refuses to grasp the reality. Instead we wait eagerly for the next run to show us what we want. Lol!!! It’s been showing us, statistically speaking that when 20 runs out of 25 have the same general idea, humble thy weenie and accept what is most likely going to happen. This is definitely something I need to put into practice, lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Looking at radar you can see the returns slowly sagging south near the Mass Pike and filling in to the east. There should be some periods of snow tonight.  I don't see alot of evidence pointing to us getting shut out from here.

Yeah I'm starting to see it... better spot up there but should be good for a bit here at least.

30 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

I measured 20.5 an hour ago, but since then it has dumped. Maybe 22 now?  I'll measure after dinner.  Best early season storm here since T-Day 1971. We only got 4" here from that

pre-Halloween storm earlier in the decade. 

Great storm ! Rick did you clear an area/board for this measurement 

looked like someone just south of you is getting 30” or def in Albany general area given earlier reports 

12 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Violently agree. It’s closing in on CT in all 4 directions. Cloud tops cooling as RFH pointed out was key