Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

23 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I kid but your posts are always depressing. Always so angry at winter. Funny...but depressing.

I have high standards....my bar is the wire to wire winter that buried me under 36+ from mid December to mid March....give or take.....my record is 32” pack in January 2011....when it all came crashing down too early in February.....

all I ask for is for that to continue one more month.....I know how it works and for that to happen requires an epic standard deviation.....I mean hey...thats all any of ya want....to settle is just that....settling...never give up

• Weenie 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

2" more last hour at ALB.

10" on the ground at the airport.  One of the more impressive 5-6 hour thumps you'll ever see in Eastern NY.

Still at 1/8sm +SN.

KALB 020151Z 02008KT 1/8SM R01/5500VP6000FT +SN VV007 M03/M06 A2975 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1/4 SLP077 SNINCR 2/10 P0008 T10331061

Found this from the Campbell Scientific manual...

C.4 Measurement Below 0 °C

The CS215 provides a humidity reading that is referenced to the saturated water vapor pressure above liquid water, even at temperatures below 0 °C, where ice might form. This is the common way to express relative humidity and is as defined by the World Meteorological Organization. If an RH value is required to be referenced to ice, the CS215 readings will need to be corrected.
One consequence of using water as the reference is that the maximum humidity that will normally be output by the sensor for temperatures below freezing is as follows:

100% RH at 0 °C
95% RH at –5 °C
91% RH at –10 °C
87% RH at –15 °C
82% RH at –20 °C
78% RH at –25 °C
75% RH at –30 °C
In practical terms this means that, for instance, at –20 °C the air is effectively fully saturated when the sensor outputs 82% RH

• Thanks 1