• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Observations

CAD_Wedge_NC

Forecast blew it last night with a predicted low of 27. We dropped to 33 after midnight then the wind picked up from the northeast and the temp rose to 35. By early morning it finally dropped to 31 which was our low. Tonight's forecast is for 26 and it looks like we may make it. It's 28 in New Bern right now but not sure what mby is reading as I am at work. I am 15 feet higher than the airport and 10 miles to the southeast so we will see. Hopefully we will finally drop into the 20's tonight in mby. Looks like it is our last chance for 20's this year.

4 hours ago, yotaman said:

Forecast blew it last night with a predicted low of 27. We dropped to 33 after midnight then the wind picked up from the northeast and the temp rose to 35. By early morning it finally dropped to 31 which was our low. Tonight's forecast is for 26 and it looks like we may make it. It's 28 in New Bern right now but not sure what mby is reading as I am at work. I am 15 feet higher than the airport and 10 miles to the southeast so we will see. Hopefully we will finally drop into the 20's tonight in mby. Looks like it is our last chance for 20's this year.

How in the world did you manage to avoid the 20s during that November cold spell?  I guess the oceans were still pretty warm at that time so a lot of moderation at the coast.

12 hours ago, cbmclean said:

How in the world did you manage to avoid the 20s during that November cold spell?  I guess the oceans were still pretty warm at that time so a lot of moderation at the coast.

Between the ocean and the Neuse river which is tidal, we avoided it well. LOL

3 hours ago, strongwxnc said:

NWS gsp output for system... only if... 1702a551e6118f22919bc5a802f7c346.jpg

Would be a hell of a blizzard/icestorm. On top of all the precip 3km nam is showing 40 to 50mph wind gusts over north ga sunday night. .with gusts a bit above that in the higher elevations and around Atlanta. I would think it's a bit overdone but it's been showing gusts as high as 55 near atlanta at its peak. Gfs has gusts into the 30s to near 40 mostly.  Regardless, am a bit worried about power outages with the recent rains. Power was knocked off here the other day for an hour after the frontal passage.

4 hours ago, SENC said:

Busted on the high side this Morning.

Forecast Low was supposed to be 29..

Clouds Moved into the SENC overnight..

Low of 39, this chilly Morning & Sea Fog..

We busted big time too. Low was supposed to be 30 but with the clouds and breeze only made it down to 37. Chilly today. Currently 47/39.