• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2019

George BM

Winters like this (that is, if things are indeed over after our last small window of potential passes) really make you sit back and wonder why we get so depressed over no snow  here. Like, logically...you know of all the things in life to be upset about...this is so small. Maybe it's because snow potential gives us something to look forward to? Like a future happiness depending on what the atmosphere does. (I've said to people that I could never live somewhere where you it never snowed. I'd hate living somewhere like the deep south, lol) But it's winters like this one (again, assuming guidance is correct and it's pretty much over barring a fluke) really make you wish you could just turn off the snow loving and just move on to next year. (as opposed to constantly being depressed by what we can't have, and letting the months be darkened by disappointment solely because it won't snow). Again...why are we (just using a general term here--I'm sure it's not everybody) emotionally attached??? We logically know that snow around here is an unstable source of happiness, and yet here we are, lol WHY?

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Winters like this (that is, if things are indeed over after our last small window of potential passes) really make you sit back and wonder why we get so depressed over no snow  here. Like, logically...you know of all the things in life to be upset about...this is so small. Maybe it's because snow potential gives us something to look forward to? Like a future happiness depending on what the atmosphere does. (I've said to people that I could never live somewhere where you it never snowed. I'd hate living somewhere like the deep south, lol) But it's winters like this one (again, assuming guidance is correct and it's pretty much over barring a fluke) really make you wish you could just turn off the snow loving and just move on to next year. (as opposed to constantly being depressed by what we can't have, and letting the months be darkened by disappointment solely because it won't snow). Again...why are we (just using a general term here--I'm sure it's not everybody) emotionally attached??? We logically know that snow around here is an unstable source of happiness, and yet here we are, lol WHY?

It's because the weather is the one escape from the hellscape that is life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

He will likely be in a state of denial for as long as he possibly can.  Delayed but not denied...then he will get frustrated, act defiant against the guidance, then finally cave but give a bunch of reasons why he wasn't really that wrong.

DT is also pretty funny. His headlines were "warm now but big changes coming in early Jan".

Then it went to "Big changes coming, but how long will they last?"

Now he just went dark.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cbmclean said:

I think he did.  Ji's posts are emotional outbursts of frustration.  The recent PSU post is just data.  Cold, hard data.  It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, and it absolutely will not stop until we are all curled up in a ball in our bedrooms with the blinds closed and clutching an old farmers almanac.

But Ji's posts suck, which is far worse than anything PSU can conjure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cbmclean said:

I'm a Dolphins fan so I "hate" (sports hate, not real hate) Brady and Belichek as much as anyone, but do you really thing they fade into obscurity after six superbowls and the longest stretch of sustained dominance in NFL history, heck maybe in all North American team sports history?

Yup. Bill and Brady gone, it's back to square one. Bill is the cog that turns the wheel in that organization. He is the HC and GM. He makes almost all the decisions and he loves it. He's likely the best to ever do it, and he learned from the master (Walsh). Once he's gone, the hill they will have to climb will be long and tough. Unless he stays in a GM role, which he could, they will be back to being fairly irrelevant like they were for many years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

He's my brother's neighbor up in Jacobus, Pa. I've met him a couple times . He's definitely full of himself at times .but he did take  the time to talk weather with me both times . I used to follow him years ago but he started talking more about selling crap ...starting apps ..and not doing  indepth analysis like he once did . 

I used to have some pretty interesting conversations with him years back. It started pretty civil, I would always tell him how he's wrong. At first, he didnt take much offense and just kind of explained himself but then it took a turn to insulting me and making an odd assumption that I failed Meteorology school at Millersville because I got into a fight with my teacher LOL...he eventually blocked me and thats all she wrote. He's an arrogant jerk for sure, but I will give him credit that he knows how to use social media and marketing to make a living as a "social media meteorologist".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ji said:

happy new year guys. I am soo depressed.....there is no promise and its all despair. Waiting till Jan 20 and thowing away the prime of winter is as sad as ive seen in my winter life

Dude you’re wrong.  We’re not throwing away the prime of winter.  We’re throwing away the WHOLE winter!  Didn’t ya see my analogs.  Lol

Happy New Year Ji. It will snow again someday.  And hey, if this year beats the odds and turns into even an avg respectable snow year it will feel like an epic victory. 

• Like 1

@MillvilleWx

Was just about to post here about a similar topic! For as much as we are disappointed at the moment...we gotta remember that we've experienced some pretty epic weather this decade. Obviously Snowmageddon was the topper. But then we have the derecho...Temp wise we have had some record heat and some bitter cold. 

And far as just snow...we actually did something we rarely do: Have 3 consecutive winters about the 20" mark. For me, the best winters were 2009-10 and 2013-14 (I overall loved the stretch from 2013-Jan 2016)! 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic