Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

Hey Bob, I notice that this came from weatherBELL.  Are you a longtime member?  Is it worth the price?

Been using them for at least 5 years. Worth it is subjective. I only sub from late nov through march and for what I use on the site it's worth it. The biggest reason is the massive # of EPS charts and fine detail on the gefs. I love ensmble data. 

If you don't look at ensemble guidance regularly it's not worth it as Pivotal has high res euro op for free. The biggest attraction for subscription services used to be euro op access but that's free for now, 

On 12/20/2019 at 10:10 AM, Vice-Regent said:

The models trended even worse overnight. How is that possible? Maybe i am being too conservative.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-connecticut-man-busted-threaten-kill-black-people-barnard-murder-20191221-cgzwfecksfagbnuvo3khaxsgay-story.html

holy sh$t. they actually have a division called the ` NYPD’s Ethnically Motivated Extremism Unit`   I feel like they had several meetings over many months to come up with that name

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

One thing that remains rock solid this season is that good things are 8-10 days away.  And the relax/reshuffle period is days 11-15. 

Search every year back and that's generally the case. Yes we've had good winters and yes models have hit some patterns in advance and yes the great long rangers on here nailed the pattern recognition and yes those same long range guys really showed their knowledge and yes.. every year it feels like the pattern is 10 days away.  Now I wait for the respectfully disagree posts.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Search every year back and that's generally the case. Yes we've had good winters and yes models have hit some patterns in advance and yes the great long rangers on here nailed the pattern recognition and yes those same long range guys really showed their knowledge and yes.. every year it feels like the pattern is 10 days away.  Now I wait for the respectfully disagree posts.

Word. You speak the truth.  It’s no ones fault..we have some of the smartest LR guys on the board.  It’s just the cycle we seem to be in.  We can’t sustain a favorable high latitude pattern long enough and our winters are almost entirely reliant on it.  The NE doesn’t need it.  You know this of course so I am reminding myself. 

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Word. You speak the truth.  It’s no ones fault..we have some of the smartest LR guys on the board.  It’s just the cycle we seem to be in.  We can’t sustain a favorable high latitude pattern long enough and our winters are almost entirely reliant on it.  The NE doesn’t need it.  You know this of course so I am reminding myself. 

If everyone knows our winters are always flawed and we always need alot of luck to snow I fail to see why anyone is disappointed when the pattern advertised is flawed and requires luck. It goes back to what I said awhile ago. It's the big game hunting mentality. My opinion of course 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

If everyone knows our winters are always flawed and we always need alot of luck to snow I fail to see why anyone is disappointed when the pattern advertised is flawed and requires luck. It goes back to what I said awhile ago. It's the big game hunting mentality. My opinion of course 

It's all perspective. I love big game hunting only when things actually cooperate. Which is pretty rare. Like you, I just want a wintry scene. They come in all shapes and sizes. Vast majority of our events are small and they often happen in a messy setup. That's life here. If you're only happy during deep winter conditions with heavy snowfall then you'll be miserable 95% of the time. There's more than a few around here that are miserable 100% of the time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's all perspective. I love big game hunting only when things actually cooperate. Which is pretty rare. Like you, I just want a wintry scene. They come in all shapes and sizes. Vast majority of our events are small and they often happen in a messy setup. That's life here. If you're only happy during deep winter conditions with heavy snowfall then you'll be miserable 95% of the time. There's more than a few around here that are miserable 100% of the time.

We simply aren't a snow town we are just a town that gets snow...sometimes a lot. 

Browns really suck and are so undisciplined 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic