Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2019

George BM

49 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

OMG. I have the same feelings. It's like a good lover, you can never get enough and you always miss them. 

This game I just think they are going to come out and demoralize the Browns. I would love nothing more than to shut their fans up on Twitter. Haven't been relevant in over 20 years and talking so much crap. Unbelieveable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Lastly...and I can only speak for myself...but I can excuse a lot of the hype and snow weenie stuff...but IMO he flat out lies and tells people what he things will get him clicks and subscriptions from snow weenies and I cannot accept that lack of integrity.

Yes, I think I remember you mentioning this concern last year.  He has a pay site right, so constantly hyping snow might drive up subscriptions.  But I also think he would have a lot of non-repeat customers after a while.

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

That wasn't the center of the discussion. Midlevel temps are scorched for the next 10 days with 850s above freezing until sometime after Christmas. Idgaf about surface temps when the 0c 850 line is in Canada. There is no chance for snowfall any time soon. That's what is troubling but hey, if 45-50 degrees on Christmas is a win in your book then great. 

Wow, a week without snowfall and temps in the 40s in December on the coastal plain. Definitely worth a few meltdowns, I guess.

1 hour ago, ravensrule said:

LOL. You must be a HUGE fan. They are playing the Browns. 

Sorry but I didnt get your point? To clarify, Im a Ravens fan. I was just asking what game he was rooting for, I believe hes from PA no? Thought he might be a Steelers fan, I know the Ravens play the Browns. Sorry for the confusion

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Sorry but I didnt get your point? To clarify, Im a Ravens fan. I was just asking what game he was rooting for, I believe hes from PA no? Thought he might be a Steelers fan, I know the Ravens play the Browns. Sorry for the confusion

I'm actually Baltimore born and raised! I went to college in PA for Meteorology. Def not a Steelers fan. They are my second least favorite team in the NFL. 

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Sure did! Great school. Housing, like any other college town was pretty ridiculous, but I really liked it. 

Yeah, like I said I went for one semester (for Meteorology) I stayed in housing too, was lucky enough to have a bathroom in my dorm:lol:. Just didnt work out for me, I have a degree in Geography but not Meteo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I'll take this into banter to not shift focus in the LR thread. JB was very popular back into the late 90's and 00's with Accuweather and really help kick-start the Accuweather Premium service. He was more rounded and talked almost exclusively weather. He didn't have nearly as much of a bias now. He is still pretty good in some areas, but since his falling out with Accuweather, he moved on and created a new service with WeatherBell. Since the move, he's been pretty boisterous on his opinions with AGW and has become a huge Hype-master for winter weather prospects in the major cities. He's a powder hound that grew up in NJ and Conn. He lives near the State College area still after working at Accuweather. His twitter account was mostly weather when he started. Now he's pretty political and leans right for a ton of issues. He's a very smart dude that I think has gotten very caught up in propaganda and he's really lost it recently. He's somewhat respected in the weather community, but he's rubbed people the wrong way enough times now and people are over it. That's all I got. 

Yeah, I should have put it in banter to begin with.  We are doing pretty well keeping the main thread streamlined.  I remember him at Accuweather.  I used to like Accuweather but it really seems to have gone down-hill and traded usability for flashy site design.  Same crap happened to weatherunderground. 

I didn't realize JB was weatherbell.

I have never really considered a pay service since it seems everything I need for my level I can get for free here or from tropical tidbits.

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

I used to like Accuweather but it really seems to have gone down-hill and traded usability for flashy site design.  Same crap happened to weatherunderground. 

I really really miss the old Accuweather. 

Haven't checked lately but I don't even think they put up their bloopers on youtube any more :(

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah, like I said I went for one semester (for Meteorology) I stayed in housing too, was lucky enough to have a bathroom in my dorm:lol:. Just didnt work out for me, I have a degree in Geography but not Meteo

Same!

...like exactly the same. Millersville for Meteorology ended up with a degree (well, the first one) in Geography from UMD. Still not sure how it happened...

4 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

but NYC has been on the greatest 15 year snowfall heater in their history so for them his forecasts havent been nearly as awful.  He probably still over forecasts snow even there...which is hard since they have been getting way above normal snow most years

I was completely unaware of this phenomenon.  I haven't noticed anything consistent over the last 15 years, except general warmth.  Any idea on what's behind it?

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

I was completely unaware of this phenomenon.  I haven't noticed anything consistent over the last 15 years, except general warmth.  Any idea on what's behind it?

There's been a shift towards higher frequency of large/high qpf storms over the last 20 years up and down the east coast. Why it's happening is either random cycles or climate change. People can debate that in a different forum. 

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes... overall great movie.  I have to see it again as u mentioned as well...to really take it all in and then I'll have a better idea where it ranks . It was alot going on . Once isn't enough.  

Agree. I’m gonna go again after the initial rush has died. Maybe a weekday afternoon.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic