Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2019

George BM

5 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Once you figure out that many of the long range guys on here are only big game hunting and days like today or a 2-4" means very little to them it's easier to digest their analysis 

It's not that I don't appreciate a small snowfall, but they can happen in MOST patterns with some luck and I am not really going to track the chance of 1-2" from long range.  Unless we are in a total crap pattern there is always a decent chance for a minor event in winter.   And while we all like snow...if all we get all winter are several fluke 1-2" events no one will be happy.  Sprinkle in a couple warning level events though...and suddenly that winter becomes a good one.  

19 minutes ago, PrincessPeach said:

Hi. N00b here (as my kids would call me). I am looking for a personal weather station. I've looked at AcuRite but the reviews leave me to second guess myself. I haven't found a thread for personal weather stations, so I thought I'd ask here.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Here's one option someone posted from the marketplace thread, but you're right that there's no much chatter about it.  Here is the product link: https://www.ambientweather.com/amws2902.html

8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Chihauhau! Been all over above Montezuma area. Cadillac chute is one of the biggest descents in Summit Co. All day affair tho... Easy access via snowshoes or trekking gear on an old mining road. Nothing dangerous on the way up. Just stay out of the steep areas. Peru creek is extremely peaceful without leg/heart killing inclines. Have a blast dude. Brings back memories. 

They didn't open the wall today, but he said it was still a great day of boarding. I made it up to where the first of the lakes are before turning back. I only had to wait 20 minutes before he showed up so good thing I didn't continue on. Plus, being the first time this year on shoes I didn't want to push my luck lol! It never made 10 where I was, and it is down to 3 already here back in Dillon, looking at -8 to -10 for a low. Overall a nearly perfect day!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

HM says we are going to wave break our way to more December traces

If an area received a trace of snow every day for 2 months straight and that was it for the entire winter, how would that be tallied up? Is there a formula for how many traces make a tenth of an inch or something along those lines? 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Feeling pretty good. Second kid graduated from UMD tonight. Two down and 2 to go. Once the second set is in college it's time to sell the house in Rockville and move to Parrs ridge (not joking). Can't wait to post storm obs. Lol 

I'm not really familiar with Maryland Geography.  Does Parrs ridge have good climatology?

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Congrats! 

Yea, feels great. Need to get the grads off my payroll asap. The grad from the spring isn't trying hard enough and the one today immediately starts full time as a director for a cheer/acrobat facility. She got her degree in Kinesiology so it all makes sense. Once I get my kids off the payroll I can semi retire. Counting the days man... some people dread empty nest and others can't wait for the freedom. I'll kick them all out if they take too long doing it themsevles. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, feels great. Need to get the grads off my payroll asap. The grad from the spring isn't trying hard enough and the one today immediately starts full time as a director for a cheer/acrobat facility. She got her degree in Kinesiology so it all makes sense. Once I get my kids off the payroll I can semi retire. Counting the days man... some people dread empty nest and others can't wait for the freedom. I'll kick them all out if they take too long doing it themsevles. 

I hear there's opening the west coast for a de-troughifiier, especially in the San Diego area.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic