Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2019

George BM

13 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Sometimes someone posts something in the main thread that I want to joke about but obviously do not want to clutter it up.  Isn't there a way to respond to a post from one thread but in a different thread?

i think subthreads wouldn't be a horrible idea.  not sure if this board even has that option, but i think that would allow some side chatter without pissing off the mods.

Just now, 87storms said:

i think subthreads wouldn't be a horrible idea.  not sure if this board even has that option, but i think that would allow some side chatter without pissing off the mods.

Well the Banter thread is devoted to side chatter, but I just can't figure out how to quote a post from the main thread in the Banter thread.

14 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Sometimes someone posts something in the main thread that I want to joke about but obviously do not want to clutter it up.  Isn't there a way to respond to a post from one thread but in a different thread?

There is two different ways:

1.)  You can hit the quote key which then puts it in the reply box.  Press CTRL A and it will highlight everything in there including teh quote you want to respond to.  Press CTRL C to copy the post.  Go to the thread that you want to reply in and click on the reply box.  Hit CTRL V and it should paste the quote in there and go from there in replying

2.)  Hit the gray + sign.  In the bottom right hand corner of your screen, it will say "Quote 1 post".  Proceed to the thread where you want to post about the quote and then click the "Quote 1 post" button.  It will put the quote in the reply box and then you can go from  there in replying

Hope this helps! :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, cbmclean said:

Well the Banter thread is devoted to side chatter, but I just can't figure out how to quote a post from the main thread in the Banter thread.

yea i'm just saying skipping around threads can be annoying sometimes lol.  there's also sometimes that gray area between relevant chatter and banter.  i mean, it's fine as-is, but i do think subthreads wouldn't suck.  the idea of replying from one thread into another isn't a bad idea either, but might actually cause too much clutter in banter lol.

re my comment in the long range thread...give us the cold and we'll find a way to snow at some point.  we're veterans at precip.  so far, there's a lot to like if you're a fan of winter.  me?  honestly, i don't like the cold lol, but i know we generally need a sustained colder pattern for snow so i'm willing to negotiate for a few months.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

There is two different ways:

1.)  You can hit the quote key which then puts it in the reply box.  Press CTRL A and it will highlight everything in there including teh quote you want to respond to.  Press CTRL C to copy the post.  Go to the thread that you want to reply in and click on the reply box.  Hit CTRL V and it should paste the quote in there and go from there in replying

2.)  Hit the gray + sign.  In the bottom right hand corner of your screen, it will say "Quote 1 post".  Proceed to the thread where you want to post about the quote and then click the "Quote 1 post" button.  It will put the quote in the reply box and then you can go from  there in replying

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks Yoda

(by the way, I was really impressed by the way you lifted that X-wing out of the swamp back on Dagobah).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

yea i'm just saying skipping around threads can be annoying sometimes lol.  there's also sometimes that gray area between relevant chatter and banter.  i mean, it's fine as-is, but i do think subthreads wouldn't suck.  the idea of replying from one thread into another isn't a bad idea either, but might actually cause too much clutter in banter lol.

subthreads? 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am taking the family to Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway on 12/21 (matinee and I am driving up) - so let's all go ahead and push that big storm people are trying to will into existence so it doesn't start until around 9:00 pm that night.

I will hang up and listen. Love what you all do here.

cracked up at the last two sentences

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 87storms said:

honestly, i don't like the cold lol

For me personally, I like cold almost as much, if not more sometimes than snow.  I'd prefer to have both, but if forced to choose I think I would rather have a dusting or two among a period of sustained cold than a "big one" that all melts the next way.

Keep in mind that since I live in eastern NC, a "big one" is 4 - 6 inches lol.

It is of course, all personal preference.

30 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Is the December torch before or after the subzero temps and/or HECS. Asking for a friend, thx!

I have been tracking it closely on the EPS runs. It was either side of Xmas with maybe +3 to +5 F for a few days. Now it looks like a couple days of +2. then back to avg and heading downward.

3 hours ago, cbmclean said:

For me personally, I like cold almost as much, if not more sometimes than snow.  I'd prefer to have both, but if forced to choose I think I would rather have a dusting or two among a period of sustained cold than a "big one" that all melts the next way.

Keep in mind that since I live in eastern NC, a "big one" is 4 - 6 inches lol.

It is of course, all personal preference.

I still like the every 5-7 year blizzard we get here but I think my preference is 8-12” warning level. Not enough to completely shut things down but enough to feel like it’s a legitimate snowstorm. The one last January here was pretty good.

GEFS looks very nice for the December 22 threat. Unfortunately I won't be posting maps anymore because the information I get is from 33andrain. Can't be ripping maps from that forum man! 
Here is the reminder, in case anyone hasn't read it yet:
image.thumb.png.95258e7f920d3ad7a6e57a5cd0159963.png
By the way, I DO admit to taking screenshotting content from 33andrain in the past. I am 100% guilty of doing this.

lol, ok. Do they understand how the Internet works? I’ve never actually done this but it makes me want to.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hey, uhhh thanks for taking my call. You know what really grinds my gears? How is it that the Americans can put a man on the moon in 1969 and we can’t get one of them supercomputers to keep a snowstorm in 2019?

I’m here, sitting at my desk, wonderin’ how much for Philly, and neither the GFS or...

HEY CHUCK? WHAT’S THAT OTHER AMERICAN MODEL WE LIKE? THE ONE THAT GIVES ALL THE SNOW? (pause...inaudible...)

...the NAM can tell me. Just throw em in the trash and fire the programmer.

Anyway, you know how much I can expect here in Philly? Go Eagles. 

Thanks Peter.  Back to you in the studio 

845x2000.jpg.327162b92ea28714834b40066a2a85d3.jpg

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

GEFS looks very nice for the December 22 threat. Unfortunately I won't be posting maps anymore because the information I get is from 33andrain. Can't be ripping maps from that forum man! 

Here is the reminder, in case anyone hasn't read it yet:

image.thumb.png.95258e7f920d3ad7a6e57a5cd0159963.png

By the way, I DO admit to taking screenshotting content from 33andrain in the past. I am 100% guilty of doing this.

Seems someone is a little full of themselves. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic