Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2019

George BM

25 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Came back up right after the holiday? You came at a great time.

Good luck next week. Always good when the powder is in your backyard.

Yea, this trip isn't as fun tho. My uncle pased so dealing with the service this weekend. He wasn't doing well for a couple years so he's in a better place. 

On an up note... Literally hit 15 mins of traffic near NYC on the drive and that was it. Left rockville at 1:30 and pulled in here at 8. 370 miles in 6.5 hours... wut?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, this trip isn't as fun tho. My uncle pased so dealing with the service this weekend. He wasn't doing well for a couple years so he's in a better place. 

On an up note... Literally hit 15 mins of traffic near NYC on the drive and that was it. Left rockville at 1:30 and pulled in here at 8. 370 miles in 6.5 hours... wut?

Sorry to hear Bob. I had to do similar yesterday. Thinking of you all. 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Sorry to hear Bob. I had to do similar yesterday. Thinking of you all. 

Not trying to sound cold or crass here but... it's been a waiting game for like 2 years so the news was more of a relief than sad. Suffering at the end is so much worse than the end.

Holding both my parents' hands through their end of life battle was like 100x harder than when they actually passed. I think the biggest internal issue all this stuff raises is my own mortality. I'm getting close to next in line and I struggle with that sometimes. It's not like I'm super old or anything and should live another 20-30 years at least but still... see the "changing of the guard" over the last 10 years is quite unsettling at times. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

My condolences...very sorry for your loss.

48 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not trying to sound cold or crass here but... it's been a waiting game for like 2 years so the news was more of a relief than sad. Suffering at the end is so much worse than the end.

Holding both my parents' hands through their end of life battle was like 100x harder than when they actually passed. I think the biggest internal issue all this stuff raises is my own mortality. I'm getting close to next in line and I struggle with that sometimes. It's not like I'm super old or anything and should live another 20-30 years at least but still... see the "changing of the guard" over the last 10 years is quite unsettling at times. 

The stories we could share, as I understand completely everything you’re going through. One day at a time, friend. All we can do. Xoxo

The beauty of weather- with all the intricacies and complexities - one can find support for his or her view anytime. So if you forecasted a cold month or winter you can find maps/indices/theories that back you up. Conversely if u went warm you could can post maps that back you up. Best to try to decipher things yourself. Because everyone (knowingly or not) has his/her bias. Majority of the time knowing who the person who posted or tweeted  you know what he or she is going to say 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Most of us want snow but let’s not turn this sub thread until the same wishcast weenie fest the NYC forum was with the last storm. Please and thank you. 

He adds a big zero wherever he posts. Unfortunately he wont stay put and just crap in the NYC forum.

31 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

He adds a big zero wherever he posts. Unfortunately he wont stay put and just crap in the NYC forum.

I ventured into the nyc sub  before the last storm and it was a bunch of “hey look at this model that shows what I want and that’s what we should expect and ignore everything else” each run and he was leading the weenie charge. 

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:lol:

I would have gone nuts too, but at least she saw the best part.

The best part is I had just got done joking about how funny it would be to turn off the internet and cut the game cause she was so on edge, when it went out on it’s own. We had a good laugh, and they won so mom was happy. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

HH and 0z  has been kind ...

0z GFS for Wed..

PhotoPictureResizer_191207_230720615_crop_1378x1161.jpg

Yassssssss

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic