Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December Discobs 2019

George BM

5 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

They close it for a little puddle. Closing it is just a way to waste our tax money. I live a mile from the puddle.

Lately with freezing weather, they have to sling salt for about a half mile on each side, so the car gets a new dose of rust without even the benefits of a snowstorm. 

As a guy with many years of highway drainage designs in my past, I could go on an extended rant but won't. Doesn't belong here anyway. Just breath deeply...

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Numbers for December 2019 and year end 2019.

Averaged high was 48.9 degrees vs a normal of 45.3 degrees, a +3.6 degrees above average. Highest temp recorded was 65.2 degrees on the 29th.

Averaged low was 30.0 degrees vs a normal of 24.5 degrees, a +5.5 degrees above average. The coldest temp recorded was 19.0 degrees on the 19th and 20th.

Overall temp was 39.4 degrees vs a normal of 34.9 degrees, a +4.5 degrees above average. 

Total rainfall for month was 2.98 inches vs a normal of 2.96 inches, a +0.02 above average. The wettest day was on the 14th with 0.74 inches falling. There were 16 days with measurable,  one day with a 'T' and 14 dry days. Total snowfall for the month was 0.5 inches vs a normal of 4.8 inches, a -4.3 below average. The greatest snowfall was 0.5 inches on the 11th, the only measurable day, 4 'T's' and 26 without snowfall. 

Highest wind recorded was 42 mph on the 3rd. 

One record, a new daily high on the 27th.

For the calendar year 2019 41.89 inches of liquid was recorded and 13.9 inches of snow fell.

• Like 1