• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discobs 2019

George BM

Aside from a brief few days of BN weather next weekend, the ens means are torchy the entire run with even greater widespread anomalous warmth closer towards the end. 500mb pattern is essentially complete opposite of what we would be looking for and we are quickly losing that 'workable' appearance. SE Ridge is firing and that central PAC ridge and Aleutian ridge are anchored. No way to say it nicely....it is what it is. 

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Aside from a brief few days of BN weather next weekend, the ens means are torchy the entire run with even greater widespread anomalous warmth closer towards the end. 500mb pattern is essentially complete opposite of what we would be looking for and we are quickly losing that 'workable' appearance. SE Ridge is firing and that central PAC ridge and Aleutian ridge are anchored. No way to say it nicely....it is what it is. 

I guess its better than a series of near misses.  it appears to be a stable "no winter weather" pattern laid out nicely in front of us for what appears to be several weeks.  I do hope we can squeeze a week or two of winter before spring.  I do miss the tracking part however...that's the best.   

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I guess its better than a series of near misses.  it appears to be a stable "no winter weather" pattern laid out nicely in front of us for what appears to be several weeks.  I do hope we can squeeze a week or two of winter before spring.  I do miss the tracking part however...that's the best.   

Even in the worst patterns during winter there are always windows. I'm not sure we ever get an extended period of good looks...maybe, who knows. I think as I said before we are in for a roller coaster with everything but the kitchen sink coming. Mild stretches, bitter cold shots, flooding rains, ice storms late Jan into Feb, a blizzard, thunder, etc. The pattern has that topsy turvy feel to it and we are seeing the PV migrating around and flexing. Its akin to spinning the roulette wheel....gotta play big to win big.

13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Even in the worst patterns during winter there are always windows. I'm not sure we ever get an extended period of good looks...maybe, who knows. I think as I said before we are in for a roller coaster with everything but the kitchen sink coming. Mild stretches, bitter cold shots, flooding rains, ice storms late Jan into Feb, a blizzard, thunder, etc. The pattern has that topsy turvy feel to it and we are seeing the PV migrating around and flexing. Its akin to spinning the roulette wheel....gotta play big to win big.

Good points.  I am not sure if tHere has ever been a winter that locked in with an unfavorable pattern for entire time.  At least the hope button gets reset every 6-12 hours. 

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Warm and not liking it down in Williamsburg. This warm wx is throwing of my wardrobe. Didn’t bring shorts

I gave serious consideration to wearing shorts yesterday. Crazy warm again for December. I have that liquid wet stuff falling from the sky here with some fog too. Temp is 47.4  at 8 am, which is above my normal high for this date. Sheesh.

0.55" rain today.

Hi 49 from low of 39. Pretty crummy wx.

Yesterday was quite pleasant. Started an installation project on a car. Then had to finish it today. Lucky I could work under cover, but still not so enjoyable. 

Oh well; car repair in ultra cold is plenty unpleasant too. (Seen my share of that)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic