Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Observations of snow, sleet, freezing rain Sun-Tue Dec 1-2-early 3

wdrag

4 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

24" here now 23 miles west of KALB. Back edge bands clinging on here. A little more yet...  But a very impressive band still over Albany aligned along the Hudson Valley down to as far as POU now. I think a bit east of here from Schenectady to southern Saratoga County will get some 30" spots because they are benefitting from that band now. Also maybe southeast of here in the eastern Helderberg hills some 30" spots. 

Well I guess I don't need to head that way for work this week. I sell bicycle stuff and my guess is nobody's buying :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pequest said:

Finally getting an accumulation on roadways here in central Warren County NJ. Roads here were just wet throughout the day as temps even here in the interior were marginal.  Current temp is 31 and another nice band coming down from Sussex County. 

Big time problems just north of me into northern Warren County on into Sussex County: 

"***Northern Warren Co***

Multiple reports of trees, limbs, wires and poles down or hanging low throughout Blairstown, Hope, Hardwick, Knowlton and Frelinghuysen Twps. Many roads are closed, please DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH BARRICADES! They are there for a reason. 

Stay Safe
-The Admin"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3086969521319259&id=669810519701850

Currently those without power in NW NJ:

Warren County: 6,200

Sussex County: 23,000 

24 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Big props  to whoever said s coating to 2 inches for NYC.  What a bust for us.

Living  near the coast sucks for winter events. I wish I lived near the great lakes. 

I said 2-8” because of the bust potential and got 2”. Not bragging just saying it was always there 

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I said 2-8” because of the bust potential and got 2”. Not bragging just saying it was always there 

it's still snowing here lol!

totally worth it even if changed over hours after the city did- we didn't go all snow until 2:30 PM

its been snowing here steadily since 8 PM!

even when it switched to rain on the north shore lol

any idea why there was a warm bubble of rain around JFK for a few hours between noon and 2:30 PM while it was snowing to the south, north, east and west?

all the trees are caked in snow here, parking lots and drive ways also covered, but all the roads are clean aside from the edges

15 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah but this age of megastorms is the exception not the rule. This was a typical 80s-90s storm

in this age of megastorms, we've also had a lot of 1-3" events just like this

what we've missed out on is the moderate to low level significant events- a la events of 4-6" or 6-9"  we either get 1-3" or less or 10" +

The Poconos busted too, they were supposed to get over a foot and got less than 6.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

yep, probabilities are highest of getting 1-3" in this kind of pattern, thats why you see tv mets go on the conservative side- they have the most chance of verifying.

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Still  snowing here in Brooklyn. It has been snowing since 1pm yesterday. Very long duration storm.  The city would have gotten at least over 6 inches if temps were colder.

this is recycled cold air, not true arctic air.  Even Albany was in the low 30s throughout and they had 40 hours of snow!

why are our longest highest precip storms mixed precip and not all snow?