• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Observations of snow, sleet, freezing rain Sun-Tue Dec 1-2-early 3

wdrag

Hi! Finally back on line. Wantage NJ 8 s High Point.  6" past 12 hours.  power outages here in Sussex County, over 6500 without power due to tree limbs weighted with the 33F wet snow snow.

Storm total as of 645PM  7.9" including yesterday .  Snow blower removed but difficult to get through the slabs 1.5" sleet-freezing rain base.

Pix to share of our yard at 445PM/2.

IMG_3036.thumb.jpeg.9600893d1690ba077094380fd549262b.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

I just drove up from JFK into Westchester

North of the Cross County there appears to be the beginning of a snowstorm.

South of that is just white rain.

I’m not sure where the roads are seeing covering, but even up here the roads are just wet at this point.

I'm another 15-20 miles or so north of you and unless it's snowing fairly hard the main streets are staying mostly wet but the side streets are white. 

I had a short burst of SN+  a little while ago but with the wind I'm still under 1" for the event. Blah...

Unfortunately things didn't come together like they should have.

Instead of a singular strengthening low slowly moving east towards the BM, we got a string of lows competing for dominance and the upper level low is trying to align with both. 

This led to a messy precip shield and a lack of frontogenesis that would have brought heavy rates and subsequently lower temperatures. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Unfortunately things didn't come together like they should have.

Instead of a singular strengthening low slowly moving east towards the BM, we got a string of lows competing for dominance and the upper level low is trying to align with both. 

This led to a messy precip shield and a lack of frontogenesis that would have brought heavy rates and subsequently lower temperatures. 

Good explanation of what went wrong today.    I had a feeling we were in trouble around noon when the precip field never consolidated.....

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

It has been snowing pretty good for 6 hours and I have nothing to show for it. Temps have been in the low 30s all day. We would be looking at a few inches by now if temps were below freezing.

What a shame

or if we had heavy rates...once it was apparant we would not see heavy snow, any day time accumulations were done.   We'll get a coating to an inch or two with the back end, but that'll be all she wrote.   Terrible model performance overall.

• Like 1