• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Observations of snow, sleet, freezing rain Sun-Tue Dec 1-2-early 3

wdrag

33 and cloudy right now. HRRR still does show a couple bands coming through most of the area 7pm-9pm and also 11pm-3am. Good chance these could put down another 1-3 for most areas, maybe up to an additional 4” for the higher elevations of NWNJ through SNY. Picked up about 2” here in Essex county so another 2” would be 4” total, making it a great forecast by NWS (3-5”)

Just now, snywx said:

Awesome event on this side. It was well modeled atleast for the HV. I think you guys on the E side of the river still cash in on a few inches tonight. Did you get anything today?

I'm in Hyde Park right on the river in western Dutchess and have picked up 5 so far. 31 and moderate snow right now. I see no reason why I can't pick up another 2-4 with those bands to the N and NE. 

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

Awesome event on this side. It was well modeled atleast for the HV. I think you guys on the E side of the river still cash in on a few inches tonight. Did you get anything today?

Since the beginning of the event I have 1/2" of accumulated frozen grey matter with a white frosting on it bringing it to 2/3" since the beginning of the storm. It's snowing nicely at the moment but it still tiny grains, flakes and cylinders so it's not adding up quickly. 

1 minute ago, jfklganyc said:

This photo sums up JFK

That .1 must have been measured on a car roof because it was the only place I saw snow airside or landside on this 5000 acre airport this evening

738984DA-4354-4721-A575-7D56333C29EB.jpeg

Amazing thing is LGA and JFK still had tons of cancels because of deicing.  Even with temps 33-35 all day