Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Observations of snow, sleet, freezing rain Sun-Tue Dec 1-2-early 3

wdrag

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Check out the radar and get back to me. There are always people who quit during a storm. It's so stupid.

Let the system play out.  Sun is going down and the snow will start sticking better.  Long ways to go for this one.

Like I said, not saying it's over, but if it doesn't redevelop then it absolutely is. Otherwise, don't know what radar you're looking at or what window you're looking out of. Admire your adamant loyalty to optimism though. 

Even if the banding and accumulation doesn't improve around sunset, the real losers of this storm are EPA (widespread 4-8 and 6-10 calls which turned into virtually nothing). Even CNY fell a little short of expectations with a widespread 8-12 rather than the 10-16 which had been forecasted. SNE is at risk of a pretty significant bust as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Agree especially in the city. I'm starting to see it accumulate because the sun is going down. 

LOL. You said it was dumb of me to bring up sun angle, but then you say your snow is starting to accumulate because the sun is going down. Too funny. I am in Piscataway NJ. We had a few hours of HEAVY snow earlier today but in mainly just accumulated on colder surfaces. The pavement stayed wet for a long time, and then just a slushy dusting. If it was night it would have EASILY accumulated on pavement. But it was middle of the day (sun angle), the pavement had residual warmth and it was 1 degree above freezing. So unfortunately we lost a lot of accumulation. Now we're going into night but radar doesn't look good. The bands have shifted north and east of here. I wish we could have gotten that heavy band at night. It came down SO heavily here early afternoon, but we don't have much to show for it. Frustrating.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Check out the radar and get back to me. There are always people who quit during a storm. It's so stupid.

Let the system play out.  Sun is going down and the snow will start sticking better.  Long ways to go for this one.

Tony, stop leading people on. The radar looks terribly anemic. Mount Holly scaling everything back.

• Like 1

Anyone in these areas can confirm the heavy snow?

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service New York NY
335 PM EST Mon Dec 2 2019

NJZ004-006-103>108-NYZ072>075-176-178-022130-
Hudson-Eastern Union-Eastern Essex-Western Bergen-Western
Union-Western Essex-Eastern Bergen-Eastern Passaic-Kings
(Brooklyn)-Northern Queens-Southern Queens-Bronx-New York
(Manhattan)-Richmond (Staten Is.)-
335 PM EST Mon Dec 2 2019

...AN AREA OF HEAVY SNOW WILL AFFECT HUDSON...EASTERN PASSAIC...
UNION...BERGEN...ESSEX...QUEENS...RICHMOND...BRONX...KINGS AND NEW
YORK (MANHATTAN) COUNTIES...

At 332 PM EST, an area of heavy snow was located over New York City,
moving west at 10 mph. Snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour are
possible in this band of moderate to heavy snow. Visibilities will
drop quickly in the snow and may be reduced to less than a mile at
times.

Locations impacted include...
New York, Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Passaic, Bayonne,
Wayne, Hoboken, Bloomfield, Hackensack, Linden, Bergenfield, Paramus
and Ridgewood.