• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Observations of snow, sleet, freezing rain Sun-Tue Dec 1-2-early 3

wdrag

Wantage 8 s of High Point: 845PM report. 1.4" snow sleet combo with freezing drizzle now and 29.7F. Glaze estimated near .06"...definitely .1" glaze top side of branches. Crackling in the wind here tonight but no damage so far.  Plowing our street now.  Difficult removal of sleet-zr soaked. 

Getting windier here, trees are shaking pretty good. The ice/snow from earlier is all melted now. The dividing line for that here seemed to be around the LIE/Northern State. I drove from Long Beach this afternoon in rain/some sleet, then around Garden City the ground started to whiten. By Jericho Turnpike in Syosset it was half snow/sleet mix and the roads/ground were covered. Streets were horrendous when it was coming down. 

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Getting windier here, trees are shaking pretty good. The ice/snow from earlier is all melted now. The dividing line for that here seemed to be around the LIE/Northern State. I drove from Long Beach this afternoon in rain/some sleet, then around Garden City the ground started to whiten. By Jericho Turnpike in Syosset it was half snow/sleet mix and the roads/ground were covered. Streets were horrendous when it was coming down. 

It ripped for about 20 min in the city, monster flakes with a peak rate probably 2”/hr ended up getting .5” from that. I made a big pile to see if I could get it to last until tomorrow. The joys of snow removal

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yeah my street was bad around 4:20pm heading to get food for the family. Once on main streets it was fine just had to be careful of slush on turning lane on Jericho tpke.  Winds roaring with gusts to 30 here so far. 

44 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It ripped for about 20 min in the city, monster flakes with a peak rate probably 2”/hr ended up getting .5” from that. I made a big pile to see if I could get it to last until tomorrow. The joys of snow removal

Isnt 0.5" Enigma's forecast?

Wantage NJ 8s High Point:: 4AM report 0.3" overnight. Snowing now but lightly, tho moderately sized flakes. Storm total 1.7" snow-sleet. Glaze not much more than last evening's report. Plowed here last evening. 31.1F  Not sure when I'll get to post again, hopefully once around 830A, or possibly delayed til at least 330PM. 

615AM: Wantage NJ 8s High point  1.9" storm total snow and sleet, with light fine snow at this report and accumulating. 30.9F. Packed frozen sleet beneath the new snow is a difficult removal process. Not even sure if a snowblower will handle it. mPING reports continuing--this one since radar shows almost nothing falling in our location at 615AM. 

• Like 1

815AM interim report for Wantage NJ 4sw, 2.4". Possibly no further reports til after 330PM. 31.3F now in steady light snow.   Note: where you see echo return nw NJ and ne PA, think its snowing at a pretty good clip there. Here in Wantage-Ndewton, snowing lightly at .1 or .2/hr but no 88D returns. fwiw. 

• Like 2