• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Observations of snow, sleet, freezing rain Sun-Tue Dec 1-2-early 3

wdrag

Hi! Would like to see an obs only page for this storm to make it easier to find the data, not only for myself but potentially the media with avid winter weather interest quite high. I'll add only 1 EXPERIMENTAL graphic from about 5AM this morning (Saturday 30th before the storm), but may eventually add pix to support observations as this complex event evolves in its banded - varying intensity form. The graphic below i think is realistic about axis of trouble and I can explain it a bit on the Dec 1-3 discussion page if requested, for those who've not seen this experimental product. Other NWS staff may improve on my interpretation. The legend should assist. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.38.52 AM.png

• Like 2

Yes it's cold and you saw the Bethleham PA report.  Note also...not sure how many here use mPING but it's a valuable CROWD SOURCING opportunity. I'll be mpinging as we go through so many changes the next 24 hours.  Already mPING reports confirm Bethleham on the Radarscope app I use. You may be seeing mPING reports elsewhere?? (Pleaser let me know if you do see mPING reports elsewhere).  Thanks and enjoy this messy winter storm.  As Highland Lakes posted...we are quite cold with overcast skies nd northeast breeze here at 740' elevation. 21F.   708AM/1

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Yes it's cold and you saw the Bethleham PA report.  Note also...not sure how many here use mPING but it's a valuable CROWD SOURCING opportunity. I'll be mpinging as we go through so many changes the next 24 hours.  Already mPING reports confirm Bethleham on the Radarscope app I use. You may be seeing mPING reports elsewhere?? (Pleaser let me know if you do see mPING reports elsewhere).  Thanks and enjoy this messy winter storm.  As Highland Lakes posted...we are quite cold with overcast skies nd northeast breeze here at 740' elevation. 21F.   708AM/1

Thanks for the heads up on this app.  There is now an additional user of mPing in Bethlehem.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I've always loved the old intellicast radar but it says snow on Long Island and that's clearly wrong.

I understand it has always been buggy...but close enough for change-over scenarios

use the SPC winter tools from their meso page for more accuracy

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16&parm=pmsl&underlay=1&source=1#

cod met --radar tools rocks

DIX_HHC.20191201_1612.thumb.gif.4636d6bd811420c5d6075e119bf8c82a.gif

loop it... watch the magic of tech

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-HHC-0-6

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Doorman said:

I understand it has always been buggy...but close enough for change-over scenarios

use the SPC winter tools from their meso page for more accuracy

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16&parm=pmsl&underlay=1&source=1#

cod met --radar tool rocks

DIX_HHC.20191201_1612.thumb.gif.4636d6bd811420c5d6075e119bf8c82a.gif

loop it... watch the magic of tech

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-HHC-0-6

Thanks!  What I'm wondering though is that virga out ahead of the main precip?  Because nothing is falling here.

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic