Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

I have a 0% chance of gaining it back as long as I can keep exercising. The studies have shown that people that lose a lot of weight through diet alone, usually gain most of it back. But the people that combine diet/exercise keep the weight off. Exercise is the key to keeping the weight off. I run 5 days a week and each run I do burns almost 1000 calories. It's not possible to gain weight when you're burning that many calories and not overeating. That's why my weight has stayed at about 135 for the last few years. Sometimes I have to increase the amount of food I eat because I don't want to fall to underweight. The running burns that many calories.

I used to run 7 miles a day. Then I developed a muscular disorder. Studies also show running is not a good long term exercise for people. Injuries, deep breathing of urban air ( the whole area; go offshore and you can see the smog enveloping the area; that haze you see in summer is smog )and an inability to stick with it for life. Walking is far better. Not everyone loses much weight from exercise either. Younger people do, but not always. In fact, some obese people have excellent lipid profiles and blood labs. Did you know Asians develop type 2 diabetes without being overweigt? There is much we have learned, and the answers are not simple. If you drink a can of coke, you would have to ride a bike for 2 hours to burn it off. Most everyone eats more calories than they can burn. I wish you the best and wish I could join you on the roads and trails for a run, but I cannot. haven't been able to for 30 years. Watch your knees and ankles and give yourself days off to recover. But you know this.

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I have a 0% chance of gaining it back as long as I can keep exercising. The studies have shown that people that lose a lot of weight through diet alone, usually gain most of it back. But the people that combine diet/exercise keep the weight off. Exercise is the key to keeping the weight off. I run 5 days a week and each run I do burns almost 1000 calories. It's not possible to gain weight when you're burning that many calories and not overeating. That's why my weight has stayed at about 135 for the last few years. Sometimes I have to increase the amount of food I eat because I don't want to fall to underweight. The running burns that many calories.

When I was a runner, I could consume an entire pizza and not gain weight. And I did. But I was also 20. 

Most people I see have absolutely horrible hygiene, such as leaving the bathroom without washing their hands.  Do you know how dirty those pinpads are at stores, and how filthy money is?  Yet, I constantly see people eating right after they have touched these things.  Proper hygiene means a lot, and I've always practiced it.  Now all of the sudden there is mass panic and a shortage of products used to disinfect?

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

I'm a cancer survivor. We get tired of people blaming us for the illness. Go down to Memorial and walk around. You will see plenty of people who were struck ill who were in good health a year before. Marathon runners, cyclists, hikers, body builders. And everyone's immune system declines with age. You cannot exercise that away. There are few firmly established causes of cancer: sunlight, smoking, asbestos, and radiation. And no, all medical experts don't agree. You may be able to reduce risk, sure. But you will not eliminate it. if you really want to know about mortality, ask an insurance expert. By the way, exercising a lot is not advised. Moderate exercise is best. 30 minutes of walking briskly 3 times a week. I'd highly recommend the book Secrets of the Eating Lab, by a social psychologist who has spent decades studying obesity. 

I'm not blaming people for their illnesses. As I said, I realize there are many people that are unlucky. They get cancer and heart disease due to bad genes. All I'm saying is a lot of heart disease and cancer is preventable. Not all of it, but a lot.

There are many studies that show that vigorous exercise is best. There are a lot people that walk a lot and are overweight, but it's rare to see serious runners that are overweight. I used to walk a lot, and my weight was rising every year and I was on the border of being overweight. It wasn't until I started a serious vigorous running program that I lost weight. Running burns many more calories than walking, and it also lowers blood pressure and improves heart health more than walking. The running caused my blood pressure to drop to 90/50, and my resting heart rate fell from 52 to 36 which is elite althlete level. My cardiologist said the serious running has put my heart and artery health at the best level possible, and he wishes most people would exercise like I do. If I switched to walking briskly 3 times a week, I would gain all the weight back and the blood pressure would rise. The serious exercise is what makes the arteries very flexible, which causes BP to go down.

10 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

What do you do to combat the constant hunger pangs the obese feel? Because if you don't have them you don't know what I mean. Go to an OA meeting and listen to the folks there. They won't mind if you do. 

2 hours ago, nycwinter said:

no vaccine for corona unlike the flu. lot's of people are elderly or middle age with chronic medical issues..there is good reason to panic for people in those categories..to compare it to the flu  is insulting.. it is  a lot for deadlier then the flu especially in people in high risk categories...

I just heard Anthony Fauci say 12-18 months at best...

1 hour ago, weatherpruf said:

I'm a cancer survivor. We get tired of people blaming us for the illness. Go down to Memorial and walk around. You will see plenty of people who were struck ill who were in good health a year before. Marathon runners, cyclists, hikers, body builders. And everyone's immune system declines with age. You cannot exercise that away. There are few firmly established causes of cancer: sunlight, smoking, asbestos, and radiation. And no, all medical experts don't agree. You may be able to reduce risk, sure. But you will not eliminate it. if you really want to know about mortality, ask an insurance expert. By the way, exercising a lot is not advised. Moderate exercise is best. 30 minutes of walking briskly 3 times a week. I'd highly recommend the book Secrets of the Eating Lab, by a social psychologist who has spent decades studying obesity. 

Of course it also depends on the individual. Brisk walking doesn't do a thing for me. Since I have an elite athlete heart with a resting heart rate in the 30s, I have to exercise at an intense level to get my heart rate up. Brisk walking doesn't even get my heart rate up to 70, because my heart is so strong. It wouldn't be any kind of cardio exercise for me. But for people with weaker hearts, brisk walking can be a good exercise. But I need to exercise at an intense level. My cardiologist is a big believer in a lot of intense exercise and long duration exercise. He thinks I should become a marathon runner because my heart and lungs are off the charts strong, but I don't have any interest in running that long. I think running 6 or 7 miles is plenty.

Anyway I'm very happy that you were able to survive the cancer. Obviously we have some strong disagreements, but I can see you're a very nice guy and I wish you the best of luck.

27 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

just give me the ****in virus and let's get it over with

if i make it out of 2020 alive and employed, everything else is gravy.  i give my chances of each about 50/50

There’s definitely going to be a massive depression due to all this hysteria. Might as well pull everything out of my 401K and have a ball before it goes down even further and I inevitably get sick.

• Confused 1

Just now, SnowFeen1 said:

We’re all screwed I’m sorry guys but this may be the beginning of the end the Bible always talked about. By the way Dow futures down 1,000 points, oil down 20% crazy sh*t going on right now.

Ridiculous...but might as well have fun with it. Booking a trip to Vegas to enjoy the ladies of the night. Our society is beyond hope anyway. Long overdue for a major reset.

4 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

it wasn't just corona but the Saudis declaring an oil price war is a jet fuel hose on the market fire.

the next few months we are going to see some incredible shit.

It’s the corona virus we’re in trouble. The coronavirus is in the air 

7 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

it wasn't just corona but the Saudis declaring an oil price war is a jet fuel hose on the market fire.

the next few months we are going to see some incredible shit.

This is what we get for relying on people who hate us for such an essential resource. As wonderful of a country as this is, we can be incredibly stupid at times.

• Like 1

Relative to Normal, the negative T departure should get deeper and deeper going into May-----starting the last week of March.      Look for super cell activity and hail, rather than blizzards and snow.     Long wait for summer perhaps, spring we already have had this year.

EURO WEEKLIES AND THE CVSv2 are opposites.        Nothing but AN for the EURO during the next 5-weeks.

The next 15 days at least look a little more wavy than yesterday's flat liner:

2020030912_054@007_E1_knyc_I_NAEFS@EPSGR

23 hours ago, SnowFeen1 said:

We’re all screwed I’m sorry guys but this may be the beginning of the end the Bible always talked about. By the way Dow futures down 1,000 points, oil down 20% crazy sh*t going on right now.

I must have missed the part about stocks tanking.

You gotta give it a rest man.

25 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I must have missed the part about stocks tanking.

You gotta give it a rest man.

Why? We’re screwed. Millions of jobs will be lost and the retirement savings of countless Americans are going to be wiped out. It will take the economy years to recover from this, if it ever does.

• Confused 1