Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

6 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Boston at 15.1 on the season. I'm still ahead of them at 20.5.

The line from Albany across to Mass/NH border on north are the only spots doing okay snow wise. Everyone way above normal temp wise.

Yea it shows how big a difference though being a little inland makes, your bad winter is close to NYC's average

8 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

This is definitely the worst winter I've ever experienced in my lifetime, usually you find a way to sneak a front end thump here or there or a thread the needle storm even in awful winters. It's really looking like there will be no snow the entire month of Feburary in NYC Metro which has to be historic.

Unfortunately this winter...it has found every way not to snow ....only silver lining is next winter is almost guaranteed to be better than this one so something  to look forward to...

7 minutes ago, NYCSNOWMAN2020 said:

Unfortunately this winter...it has found every way not to snow ....only silver lining is next winter is almost guaranteed to be better than this one so something  to look forward to...

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I thought I read that we could be facing a strong Nina next winter. That's not conducive for snow.

1 hour ago, NYCSNOWMAN2020 said:

1 hour ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I thought I read that we could be facing a strong Nina next winter. That's not conducive for snow.

It's hard for it to be as bad, even a normal bad winter is very different from this, this is not just a typical bad winter, this is historically bad

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Was looking at those last night, what a paradise. When I got out of college 30 odd years ago I had a nice job offer in Syracuse and I didn't take it. A chance at life in paradise and I turned it down, how less frustrating winters could have been.

Was lurking in this thread and others as things have quieted down for now.  I am still scarred from having spent most of my first 38 years along the I-95 corridor (VA, NJ, LI, CT).  Living downwind of the Lake Ontario (or Erie) snow machine the past 15 years has been mostly a :weenie: dream. Lake effect (even though the best is usually just to my north) is usually a decent Plan B when the synoptic Plan A fails.

This winter looks like one of the epic fails down along the coast.  But I think you all will get thrown a bone or two before this pig is done.  Maybe even a bone with meat on it. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Was lurking in this thread and others as things have quieted down for now.  I am still scarred from having spent most of my first 38 years along the I-95 corridor (VA, NJ, LI, CT).  Living downwind of the Lake Ontario (or Erie) snow machine the past 15 years has been mostly a :weenie: dream. Lake effect (even though the best is usually just to my north) is usually a decent Plan B when the synoptic Plan A fails.

This winter looks like one of the epic fails down along the coast.  But I think you all will get thrown a bone or two before this pig is done.  Maybe even a bone with meat on it. ;)

What did you end up with in yesterday’s lake effect and what was the jackpot area and amount yesterday?

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

MJO812 who until this past month was snow88. 

Since the name change hasn’t worked did he delete his account in a last desperate attempt to change this F’n pattern?

God bless him for always trying. 

No it's he who was known as nycweathernow aka Tony. He's been floating around for years under a variety of names, he gets banned and comes back over and over like it's a game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

No it's he who was known as nycweathernow aka Tony. He's been floating around for years under a variety of names, he gets banned and comes back over and over like it's a game.

Was he the one who was banned for a week about a week ago, then came back demanding to know why Bronx banned him? Or am I confusing my Nycweathers? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

What did you end up with in yesterday’s lake effect and what was the jackpot area and amount yesterday?

I ended with a vaguely disappointing 7-3/4" of snow yesterday. I know this sounds grotesque but it was looking good for a run at a foot or more.  But the band wobbled and then weakened.  Which is typical of WNW flow events.  My area was near the jackpot, about 5-10 miles to my NW, up near Fulton, closer to the lake, had about 10-11".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

The winters have sucked ever since I changed my name from Metsfan to Snow.

Might have to change it back next winter

Metsfan is a bold screen name.  My first Mets game was July 30, 1969 as a wee kid. They lost a DH to the Houston Astros, 16-3 and 11-5 in the nightcap. Which was outrageous back then. The Stros hit not 1 but 2 Grand Slams in the 11 run 9th inning of game 1. Must have been stealing signs back then too.  The second game featured Gil Hodges walking slowly from the dugout to LF to pull Cleon Jones for lack of effort in the middle of a 10 run inning. Who knew they would become the Miracle Mets after that day?

I naturally became a Mets fan for life after this display of Metsian ineptitude. The struggle is real. ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Metsfan is a bold screen name.  My first Mets game was July 30, 1969 as a wee kid. They lost a DH to the Houston Astros, 16-3 and 11-5 in the nightcap. Which was outrageous back then. The Stros hit not 1 but 2 Grand Slams in the 11 run 9th inning of game 1. Must have been stealing signs back then too.  The second game featured Gil Hodges walking slowly from the dugout to LF to pull Cleon Jones for lack of effort in the middle of a 10 run inning.

I naturally became a Mets fan for life after this display of ineptitude. The struggle is real. ;)

I look forward to baseball season especially if the winter sucks. 

I would love to live in your area.  You still see plenty of snow even in bad winters.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I look forward to baseball season especially if the winter sucks. 

I would love to live in your area.  You still see plenty of snow even in bad winters.

We have the Mets AAA team here now. So if I haven't got my fill of aggravation on tv, I can head down to the park and watch their future players buggering things up. Actually, they haven't been bad.  Fortunately, or not, I follow English and German football (soccer) so the winter is never bereft of drama.  Heja BVB! 

• Like 1

Just now, Syrmax said:

We have the Mets AAA team here now. So if I haven't got my fill of aggravation on tv, I can head down to the park and watch their future players buggering things up. Actually, they haven't been bad.  Fortunately, or not, I follow English and German football (soccer) so the winter is never bereft of drama.  

I might go up there this summer and watch them play. I went to Port St Lucie last March to see them work out.

First time for me and it was great. I met alot of players and coaches and also got plenty of autographs. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

The winters have sucked ever since I changed my name from Metsfan to Snow.

Might have to change it back next winter

Whatever your screen name was in 2010/11 I'd advise to going back to that. 53 straight days of snow cover in NYC, and 37 days of 6 inch or greater snow cover and Dec Jan Feb actually averaged near normal or below each month, 32.8, 29.7 and 36.0 respectively. Let's have that winter again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1