Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

7 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I Luv the winter and I love the snow ,,,,,I don't mind it being cold so long as it snows---> that said Im done = screw this winter lets try and get a do over next year as Mother Nature now owes us for this year and last year and hopefully she makes good on it. I am getting into Spring mode lets open the pools work in the yards and get away from this God forsaken winter ASAP

I hate to tell you this but it can go on like this for several winters in a row...it frequently did in the past....even if it gets darn cold.

39 minutes ago, psv88 said:

You have alot of friends who live in snowy areas...how do you meet these people?

You could not pay me to live in Utah. I'd give up snow for life first, wouldn't give it a second thought. I gotta have a large body of water nearby, with big fish in it, preferably an ocean but one of the Great Lakes will do ( Salt Lake doesn't have fish ).

55 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Fail

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/accuweathers-2019-2020-us-winter-forecast/592125

They said Boston and NYC were going to have above average snowfall. 

Alot of people thought the same.

That's back to back epic fail winter snowfall forecasts by many mets. I don't recall that ever happening before.

5 hours ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

That's back to back epic fail winter snowfall forecasts by many mets. I don't recall that ever happening before.

IMO, I'd rather a monthy or even 15 day "long range" forecasts over trying to predict 3-4 months of weather from late October-early November.  There is just way too much chaos.  I enjoy reading all of the seasonal forecasts, all the work put into them and all the different opinions, but there should be a * saying for entertainment purposes only.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Fail

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/accuweathers-2019-2020-us-winter-forecast/592125

They said Boston and NYC were going to have above average snowfall. 

Alot of people thought the same.

they still could.  One HECS is all it takes.   Temperature wise, though, those forecasts are toast, we're looking at a top 10 warmest winter.   Anyone see a forecast for that?

6 hours ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I think many of them ignored the overall warmth of the oceans and the record warmth across much of the Northern Hemisphere.  And let's face it a forecast for a cold and snowy winter is click bait on some level. 

46 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

they still could.  One HECS is all it takes.   Temperature wise, though, those forecasts are toast, we're looking at a top 10 warmest winter.   Anyone see a forecast for that?

I do not think Larry Cosgrove was ever onboard with the idea of a cold and snowy winter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I think many of them ignored the overall warmth of the oceans and the record warmth across much of the Northern Hemisphere.  And let's face it a forecast for a cold and snowy winter is click bait on some level. 

Also the warm water N of Australia which would favor MJO 4/5/6.   I didn't see anyone say "oh wait a minute" that changes things....