• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

This winter is worse than 2001-2002. At least I had some snow cover. My snow cover this winter lasted a few hours. 

I miss the winters where you had to walk in the street because the sidewalks were buried with snow. I also miss the winters where the oceans use to freeze over . Those were the days.

I feel like I live in the south.

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

"All cold, all the time," to borrow a phrase from our neighbors in the NE subforum. Applied to forecasters (and then some) who show a consistent wintry bias in their outlooks...

It’s takes a lot of time typing out all the letters to words, there are clearly some very very busy people over there...AWT :bike:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

This winter is worse than 2001-2002. At least I had some snow cover. My snow cover this winter lasted a few hours. 

I miss the winters where you had to walk in the street because the sidewalks were buried with snow. I also miss the winters where the oceans use to freeze over . Those were the days.

some day they'll be back, but we're due for a string of ratters after the prolific snows of this century...

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Are you kidding? We've been buried with snow, relatively speaking, the last 20 years or so. We're just exiting arguably the snowiest decade in NYC history. Gain some perspective on what a normal NYC climate is my man.

This winter blows no doubt but quite frankly, I don't mind a winter or two with minimal snow and more importantly, less salt than normal on every street and sidewalk. It also makes you appreciate any snow we do get. I feel like we've taken these little 2-4 inch type events for granted because we've been so spoiled by KU's. It kind of brings me back to my childhood of the late 80s to early 90s in that respect.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Snow88 said:

this winter fits in perfectly with NYC climatology - it is normal to have a wide range of total snowfall amounts for any given year as evidenced here:

https://www.weather.gov/media/okx/Climate/CentralPark/monthlyseasonalsnowfall.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NEG NAO said:

this winter fits in perfectly with NYC climatology - it is normal to have a wide range of total snowfall amounts for any given year as evidenced here:

https://www.weather.gov/media/okx/Climate/CentralPark/monthlyseasonalsnowfall.pdf

We always had variances, but we are dealing with a much warmer climate in the 2010s than we ever have before...And that pace is accelerating

As posted it in another thread, 11 of our last 14 winter months have been above normal

You can take the history books and throw them in the garbage with stats like that...We are in a new realm now 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Usually the time when we get that stalled out boundary that you get wave after wave is the middle of winter so I think we’ll start getting a tone of that in the near future. Winter starts late next week

models have 50's later next week...good luck with that

• Haha 1

I Luv the winter and I love the snow ,,,,,I don't mind it being cold so long as it snows---> that said Im done = screw this winter lets try and get a do over next year as Mother Nature now owes us for this year and last year and hopefully she makes good on it. I am getting into Spring mode lets open the pools work in the yards and get away from this God forsaken winter ASAP