Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

27 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Lmao, then I must add you to my ignore list.  No but all jokes aside, I personally hate the meteorological standard.  Our seasons are not determined by the calendar.

Sure, but the sun angle at solar noon only drops another 0.2° between now and the solstice. Do you really think that 0.2° of sun elevation outweighs all the other signals telling us it's winter? That going skating beneath the Rockefeller tree is an autumn pastime? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Sure, but the sun angle at solar noon only drops another 0.2° between now and the solstice. Do you really think that 0.2° of sun elevation outweighs all the other signals telling us it's winter? That going skating beneath the Rockefeller tree is an autumn pastime? 

Lol, yeah I agree.  I'm just one of those technical people that likes it perfect.  Just like the misconception that the solstice means that sunset is the earliest of the year.

• Like 2

EURO WEEKLIES with regard to the WPO, EPO, AO, NAO  indexes are -4sd at mid-Jan. on the Control, but the ensemble mean is so-so, near normal.     As for the PNA the mean and the Control agree on the blahs.     Fast jet stream destroying the Pacific Northwest ridge, would cause this I suppose.

1 hour ago, ny10019 said:

tell you what... if this turns out to be another winter of torrential rainstorms followed by dry/frigid temperatures, I'm writing a letter of complaint. 

I stand with you. I just have to know which Deity and the location of the shrine so I can drop off my letter and leave an offering/sacrifice (no Anthony, not S19) for a better result next DJF. As always......

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 1:02 AM, Juliancolton said:

actually if we want to technically define winter as the coldest 90 day period of the year, it would be from about December 8th to March 7th.

8 hours ago, CIK62 said:

EURO WEEKLIES with regard to the WPO, EPO, AO, NAO  indexes are -4sd at mid-Jan. on the Control, but the ensemble mean is so-so, near normal.     As for the PNA the mean and the Control agree on the blahs.     Fast jet stream destroying the Pacific Northwest ridge, would cause this I suppose.

I think we'll get some Atlantic blocking that pairs well a few times with a so-so Pacific + climo to give us decent snows in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

It reinforces my point that there's a lack of cold present. 

Only NW areas will get snow/ice, probably 30+ miles from the city. SNE should score.

Ill take that bet. Anyone within 30 miles of nyc proper sees snow and ice, you finally adhere to your claim(s) that you wont attempt to guess whats coming in this “difficult pattern”. ;) deal?

• Like 4

People make such an occasion out of the first flakes at their location. Hear ye, hear ye! Whereas, upon this day the sixteenth of December in the year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen, a tempest is inaugurated at this location; and, whereas, the elements being of such temper as to render water vapours coalesced into fine crystals; therefore, let it be known... 

27 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

Ah. Beautiful 90s memories. 

love Long Island. But can’t deal with this :)

im relocating to upstate

actually no, northern Maine 

CE7C8D68-9434-4846-8114-7EBC90473A31.jpeg

Your going to have to go 2 hours north of the city for a nice snow storm with this one, 80s style. I do not think anyone wants a crippling ice storm or mid 30s and heavy rain that we going to see south of there.