Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

44 minutes ago, doncat said:

I'd hardly call it "horrible"....Sure we'd like more snow, but from an excitement and forecasting viewpoint...I think its pretty good:)

Oh oh, Anthony has been S19teened keep him calm I’ll try to grab a hold of an exorcist. I hope JB is free. As always ....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Why did I have to be born in NYC?

Horrible winter climate 

C'mon buddy....you're an experienced law enforcement officer now, no?....all ya gotta do is call up Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse, and see if they need an experienced hand....I guarantee you a lot more snow and cold. After 25 years of that, I also am willing to bet you will retire to a sunny climate. Seriously, I like a good snow storm, but what they get up there wears on a person. You can try Portland, ME too, nice town, more snow, but maritime influences. Heck, Albany would probably be enough for you. Do it while you are young enough. Because the city and its environs are never gonna be consistent snow magnets. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

C'mon buddy....you're an experienced law enforcement officer now, no?....all ya gotta do is call up Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse, and see if they need an experienced hand....I guarantee you a lot more snow and cold. After 25 years of that, I also am willing to bet you will retire to a sunny climate. Seriously, I like a good snow storm, but what they get up there wears on a person. You can try Portland, ME too, nice town, more snow, but maritime influences. Heck, Albany would probably be enough for you. Do it while you are young enough. Because the city and its environs are never gonna be consistent snow magnets. 

I have to tell ya Pruf I have lived in Rockland over 20 years and I NEVER GET SICK OF THE SNOW. The thought of moving to Florida seems depressing to me.

4 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I have to tell ya Pruf I have lived in Rockland over 20 years and I NEVER GET SICK OF THE SNOW. The thought of moving to Florida seems depressing to me.

FL is a depressing place, for a lot of reasons, though the fishing is good....you will run into lots of people there who came from snowy climates and never want to see cold weather or snow again, not even on a postcard.....

9 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

I would love to live there but my fiancee hates the cold and snow.

2 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

FL is a depressing place, for a lot of reasons, though the fishing is good....you will run into lots of people there who came from snowy climates and never want to see cold weather or snow again, not even on a postcard.....

Pruf I will let you know when I get there as that is the plan but I believe you are mistaken as I can just about guarantee you that I will not only miss snow tremendously but when I am in Florida in the months of July and August and there is not enough baby powder in the world to take care of how moist I will be we can relive this conversation :offtopic: now back to how damn cold it is out there today.

4 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Plenty of cops and firemen that work in the city living in Orange County NY 45 miles due north/northwest, I'm related to several of them.

You're average yearly snowfall will go from 28 inches per year to 56 inches (higher than Bostons and colder too) , and every winter you'll have sub zero readings at least several mornings, and you can still keep your current job. Lower housing costs too. You should consider it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Plenty of cops and firemen that work in the city living in Orange County, I'm related to several of them.

You're average yearly snowfall will go from 28 inches per year to 56 inches (higher than Bostons and colder too) , and every winter you'll have sub zero readings at least several mornings, and you can still keep your current job. Lower housing costs too. You should consider it.

He’s not going to budge. Why he would decide to marry a girl that hates cold and snow is beyond me. I just got out of a 15 year relationship with a cold and snow hater and now am with a lover. We have plans of moving to New England eventually and it’s a beautiful thing!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Nibor said:

Funny enough I know a lot of people who say those same words but mean the exact opposite. 

Took the words right out of my mouth lol.

I absolutely hate it here during Jan/Feb. As much as I enjoy weather, I’ve never liked cold and I never will.

5 hours ago, Snow88 said:

In the future you can buy a retirement place in the NNE and become reverse snow birds. I would prefer coastal Maine to be near my beloved ocean. When the coldest snowiest weather occurs go out to the park and make snow angels. Afterwards keep your partner close and warm. Those benefits to the cold and snow are difficult to improve on no matter how long your married. As always ......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

He’s not going to budge. Why he would decide to marry a girl that hates cold and snow is beyond me. I just got out of a 15 year relationship with a cold and snow hater and now am with a lover. We have plans of moving to New England eventually and it’s a beautiful thing!

My wife is Filipina so of course she was used to warm weather...she's been here 20 years now so she's pretty much acclimated. She enjoys the weather and my fascination with it...loves to hear my weather stories. She's the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You can't base a relationship off of weather lol

2 hours ago, doncat said:

Wish people would stop using the term "non event" for every storm that doesn't give significant snows for certain areas. I'm picky as I get older.:raining:

Yep. When that 1" snowfall causes a car to slide into a pole and knock the power out when it's 22° it quickly becomes "an event". When you can't flush for days because the well pump can't run it sux...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Snow88 said:

You can't base a relationship off of weather lol

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I know, I was just messing with you. As long as your fiancé understands your obsession. I would at least move to the colder suburbs. You get so much more for your money too!

Don't tell her you want to move up here for more snow, tell her you want to move up here to get away from the cool ocean in the spring when it can be warmer up here

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, rclab said:

In the future you can buy a retirement place in the NNE and become reverse snow birds. I would prefer coastal Maine to be near my beloved ocean. When the coldest snowiest weather occurs go out to the park and make snow angels. Afterwards keep your partner close and warm. Those benefits to the cold and snow are difficult to improve on no matter how long your married. As always ......

coastal storms are quite exciting in coastal Maine, it best resembles the climate of Maritime Canada.  You even get the occasional hurricane up there.  Allergy levels are quite low too, especially around Caribou.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Where would you rather move to ? Syracuse or Caribou?

they're both actually good- Syracuse is the city with the highest snowfall average and gets snow both from lake effect and coastal storms (see Syracuse totals from Dec 1991 and Mar 1993)!

Caribou gets more snow from latitudinal storms, Maine has had a banner November.

I'd probably put both cities on my shortlist.

4 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

they're both actually good- Syracuse is the city with the highest snowfall average and gets snow both from lake effect and coastal storms (see Syracuse totals from Dec 1991 and Mar 1993)!

Caribou gets more snow from latitudinal storms, Maine has had a banner November.

I'd probably put both cities on my shortlist.

Caribou has a much longer, harsher winter though it would be ideal If you hate hot summers

• Like 1

Just now, Snow88 said:

They are also both on my list.  I might be bored in Caribou.

Yeah I was thinking Syracuse too because it's a larger city.  You will just have to give up tracking tropical storms and hurricanes in the summer and fall though unless you're willing to come back to the city for those seasons.  The city's better during the warm season anyway.