• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Hoosier

I am estimating 15 inches here in Hancock, mi. I took the snow scoop yesterday and removed 3 inches yesterday at 1 pm then did nothing until this morning. It was at the top of my snow boot  in the driveway so that is 12 inches. The road grader really nailed me. I had to break the wall of  snow up with a shovel before I could blow it. I got the driveway open to get the vehicle in and out but need to do some more out there but I am out of gas. Have to run to the station to get some gas. 

• Like 1

3ec207b61f9fa284da2b534d8361b510.jpgd78b6d03115ebba152edc202021da72c.jpgd05e81a2b00ec10b738a2a3ebaf6c6c8.jpg

A few snowscape pics from last night in Wausau, WI. Seems like all our posters these days with a few exceptions are from semi and northern IL. Central Wis got a nice snowpack replenisher with this system. Came up here powder chasing again and while the snow was a little wetter than I prefer it was buttery smooth to ski on.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, luckyweather said:

3ec207b61f9fa284da2b534d8361b510.jpgd78b6d03115ebba152edc202021da72c.jpgd05e81a2b00ec10b738a2a3ebaf6c6c8.jpg

A few snowscape pics from last night in Wausau, WI. Seems like all our posters these days with a few exceptions are from semi and northern IL. Central Wis got a nice snowpack replenisher with this system. Came up here powder chasing again and while the snow was a little wetter than I prefer it was buttery smooth to ski on.

Granite Peak(Rib) looking good. Alpine Valley and Wilmot had their ski season but it was late October into mid November.lol

• Like 1

Back pond is still open for bass fishing,   All the warm Dec days saved this from being one of the worst decembers ever.  There really was no hope for this month outside the rouge Hoosier State Miracle.

Yet my state has one of the best starts to winter in History I bet.

F our 99% winter  climo

• Like 1

Picked up an inch of snow yesterday morning, But with the relatively low water content and warm ground quite a bit of it ended up sucking back into the ground throughout the day before other 0.3" fell in the evening for a total fall of 1.3".  Monthly total 2.6", season to date 11.7". DTW also saw 1.3", bringing the monthly 2.7", which actually misses the top 20 least snowy December's (#20 is 2.6"), and season to date 12.2".  Most areas to my immediate North and South saw more snow, but I guess if you're going to be in the screw hole of a local snowfall, it might as well be a small one that's going to melt in 2 days lol. December ended as 18th warmest Dec on record, on the heals of the 13th coldest November on record. As much as I love December because I'm a big Christmas fan, glad to turn the page to a new month.

15 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Picked up an inch of snow yesterday morning, But with the relatively low water content and warm ground quite a bit of it ended up sucking back into the ground throughout the day before other 0.3" fell in the evening for a total fall of 1.3".  Monthly total 2.6", season to date 11.7". DTW also saw 1.3", bringing the monthly 2.7", which actually misses the top 20 least snowy December's (#20 is 2.6"), and season to date 12.2".  Most areas to my immediate North and South saw more snow, but I guess if you're going to be in the screw hole of a local snowfall, it might as well be a small one that's going to melt in 2 days lol. December ended as 18th warmest Dec on record, on the heals of the 13th coldest November on record. As much as I love December because I'm a big Christmas fan, glad to turn the page to a new month.

And to a snow event here maybe Saturday!! Happy New Year man! let's bag this storm Saturday!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

How much?

Had between 15-16".  The first part of the storm Monday a.m. under performed as the main fgen band set up further east of here than forecast.  If not for that, would have realized the 20-24" predicted.

Sun is finally out after what seems like forever.  Pics from my backyard this morning.IMG_2224.JPG.a767c27e0c5509b4216038c0ad27b9b8.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG.cf3100019d6ca2cd9f494623402ff742.JPG

• Like 4