• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

55 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Cool, so I guess you live on that part of it that I 81 runs across?  Sorry you missed it. 

Still getting a few flurries here.

Yes. That’s right. Actually I just looked out and saw a couple flakes right now. Just a stray here and there. Better than nothing I guess

• Like 1

Actually more flakes now looks pretty cool borderline light snow from time to time. Good sized flakes. It looks like it’s moving from NE to SW. Don’t we usually see that when an upper low is off to the East/NE and rotating moisture back down the valley? Could there be a weak shortwave in the flow producing this activity this AM?

Wow @Holston_River_Rambler those are great satellite interpretations on page 4. I think in some cases winds converge lee side of a single mountain or narrow range. Bernoulli effect accelerates air moving around the mountain; then, it converges lee side. This does not explain the effect perpendicular to long ranges. Could be some kind of wave interaction.

Finally Sunday night it seems some sort of low level wave was retrograding down the front from the northeast. Could have resulted from low level air sloshing around mountain ranges at FROPA. Also could have been some sort of gravity wave. Yeah it's billiard ball meteorology again, lol!

• Like 2

Mostly rain here today.  Had a few flakes mix in around 8:00AM.  [mention=14393]PowellVolz[/mention] shared in the discussion thread that Ober Gatlinburg is seeing some mixing there and also shared a great radar look @4K' where the changeover appears to be occurring.  Phrase for the day:  Cold rain.

NewFound Gap looks to have several inches just going by their web cam. eed6fbbcc32086b4e909034fae455e8c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

NewFound Gap looks to have several inches just going by their web cam. eed6fbbcc32086b4e909034fae455e8c.jpg

Awesome.  The Methodist retreat center near Max Patch(TN/NC just north of the GSMNP boundary) just posted a video of heavy snow falling.  Just guessing, but I bet they are about 3,500-4,000'.  

• Like 1

Chattanooga has snow flurries/showers in town that do not stick. However Signal Mountain above town is frosted. Lookout Mountain is less so, even though it's higher. Meteorology is what you expect. Weather is what you get, lol!

I know 1-3 inches fell in other parts of the state. Pictures??? Pleeeaaazzzeee

So happy for everyone who got a nice snow today. Looks above expectations in many places (LSRs NWSChat). Flurries is in Chatty is AE, lol! Few weeks back I busted an optimistic snow forecast up your way. Hope this makes up for it. Kind of like 2 interceptions; but, then 3 touchdowns.

Yeah I'm happier than normal for others who got good snow. Super Bowl feeling continues baby!

• Like 2