• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

First official winter observation:

Thunder rolling on the plateau. The most thunder I've heard in a while. Some rolling for over a minute. 

starts about 10 seconds in, would have recorded longer but my wife interrupted my weather geek out

Edit, as the storm gets closer, it has the most vivid lightning I've seen while in Morgan county.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

First official winter observation:

Thunder rolling on the plateau. The most thunder I've heard in a while. Some rolling for over a minute. 

starts about 10 seconds in, would have recorded longer but my wife interrupted my weather geek out

Edit, as the storm gets closer, it has the most vivid lightning I've seen while in Morgan county.

Ha Ha..You know its been sad when you get excited to hear a rumble of thunder,i was like this, this afternoon when i heard about 5 rumbles

• Like 1

Just now, Carvers Gap said:

All of Neyland in the tunnels, folks.  Doesn’t get much better than that.  LOL.

Nothing worse than watching a football game in the rain,even with a poncho it's not very enjoyable to me.Went to a Jaguars game several years ago and it was raining so hard with some wind it was blowing sideways thanks to the St.Johns river,where our seats were it was blowing right in our face

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

Nothing worse than watching a football game in the rain,even with a poncho it's not very enjoyable to me.Went to a Jaguars game several years ago and it was raining so hard with some wind it was blowing sideways thanks to the St.Johns river,where our seats were it was blowing right in our face

Man, bought some seats in the dry.  Pays to be an AmWx regular.  As soon as you all starting talking about this weekend, I knew I was going to buy them in the dry.  

• Like 2

Had a pretty good storm here too about 30min ago. Kinda caught me off guard a little bit. My son and I were out scouting some land a friend of ours owns. I noticed it was getting mighty dark, I just figured it was about to rain soon, when all of a sudden I saw a flash of lightning and asked him, was that lightning. Sure enough it was! There were several more intense flashes, and then the bottom fell out for a few minutes. Still getting moderate rain. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jed33 said:

Picked up 2.26in of rain for the total from this event. Way more than it first appeared would fall. This system was definitely an overproducer!

Was a pretty sketchy drive back from Knoxville last night as moderate rain feel most of the trip home.  We fortunately hit a nice seam where only light rain was falling at one point.  Lots of ponding water on the roadway.  Creeks are full this morning.  Pretty amazing the difference in the weather pattern from several weeks ago...seems to be no problem with nice rain totals now.  Reminds me of last winter and spring.  Just turn on the fire hose.

• Like 1

The oddity continues(probably coincidence)...and the 12z suite being cooler continues as the GEFS is quite a bit cooler IMHO over the lower 48 for the last half of the run.

edit:  I wouldn't say yet that it has broken with its recent continuity for d8-15, but its run-to-run change when compared to the 6z GEFS is pretty remarkable as it places more of a trough in the eastern half of the US.

Currently getting some snow actually mixed in with the rain at the house. 10min ago I was sitting at 44 degrees dewpoint 31. I got up to go grab a drink of water and noticed it was 41, so I figured something must be falling. Looked outside and noticed it was mostly rain, but there were a few snow grains hitting the glass picnic table and melting. 

• Like 2