• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Maggie Ace
    Newest Member
    Maggie Ace

Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

1 hour ago, psv88 said:

Ha true story my wife just got out of the shower so yea I saw some action haha. Actually true. And yes great snow out here now

10 hours ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Pictures or it didn’t happen

:)

• Haha 4

Closing in on 9" here. There's no wind. The amount of snowload on the trees has me somewhat concerned for power outages if we do get wind. 

Light snow continues. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Anthony u got the radar image from Connecticut those bands that are headed our way look mean!

As of 5 PM, Garwood in Central Union County NJ had received 1.5".  I had stated that the storm for my area was for all intent was pretty much over.  We then received an additional 1.0" overnight, but nothing of significance.  (However, utilizing the measuring rules, I only received 2.0" of the white stuff.)  At 5PM, the radar had begun to shrink.  While some of the remaining precipitation shield remained intact (and eventually rotated through), there was no further development.  I have yet to see a system begin to intensify, die out, and then re-intensify.  Amazingly, the general forecasts for this storm were fairly close.  At least I got out of work early.    

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

As of 5 PM, Garwood in Central Union County NJ had received 1.5".  I had stated that the storm for my area was for all intent was pretty much over.  We then received an additional 1.0" overnight, but nothing of significance.  (However, utilizing the measuring rules, I only received 2.0" of the white stuff.)  At 5PM, the radar had begun to shrink.  While some of the remaining precipitation shield remained intact (and eventually rotated through), there was no further development.  I have yet to see a system begin to intensify, die out, and then re-intensify.  Amazingly, the general forecasts for this storm were fairly close.  At least I got out of work early.    

Getting outta work early is always good. Got 2 inches here in armonk.

14 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

lol if you got 1.5" by 5 PM and then an additional 1.0" that is indeed significant, because you nearly doubled your snowfall totals!

what are the measuring rules, I thought you're supposed to add up the measurements if snow melted in between?

it didn't stop snowing here until a bit after 7 AM