Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

7 minutes ago, CarLover014 said:

Yes it was a secondary interest of mine. Then I got interested in meteorology.

You can do both, except meteorology is probably a credit intensive major. There are too many of those these days. That said, i work in mental health and it is an endlessly fascinating field. The best is when you see people come to grips with some serious issues or trauma and then move on to become productive members of society. There are many types of pros working in this field today, lots of opportunity. 

Just now, weatherpruf said:

You can do both, except meteorology is probably a credit intensive major. There are too many of those these days. That said, i work in mental health and it is an endlessly fascinating field. The best is when you see people come to grips with some serious issues or trauma and then move on to become productive members of society. There are many types of pros working in this field today, lots of opportunity. 

I have a great Ted Talk I want to send your way

Just now, Snow88 said:

I took the sanitation test and scored 101. City jobs are great. 

Yeah I'm telling young people who want to work as teachers and whatnot to go to NY. NJ has no respect for public employees; their pensions have been stolen and they are paying through the nose for health coverage ( 12k a year just for me ).

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Are you looking at the radar ?

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

My friend in Commack is getting heavy snow now.

I dont want to sound like an A *ole. Its not my intention. I just dont see the point. LI is going to end up with a dusting....

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Yeah I'm telling young people who want to work as teachers and whatnot to go to NY. NJ has no respect for public employees; their pensions have been stolen and they are paying through the nose for health coverage ( 12k a year just for me ).

If anyone, is personally paying 1K a month for health care, they need to find a new job....Thats insane.

• Like 2