• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

It would be nice if those who hoping for more snow would refrain from chastising those who want to be realistic or perhaps even see more snow as unlikely. There is nothing wrong with wanting snow ... I think we all do to one degree or another and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion and stating it here with backup. But weather forecasting is not an exact science yet and there are always going to be those here with differing opinions because there is some subjectivity to all of this. I think it would be helpful to refrain from accusing those who don't see it as as snowy an event as being negative. In this case, it would appear that they turned out to be right. 

• Like 1

It would be nice if those who hoping for more snow would refrain from chastising those who want to be realistic or perhaps even see more snow as unlikely. There is nothing wrong with wanting snow ... I think we all do to one degree or another and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion and stating it here with backup. But weather forecasting is not an exact science yet and there are always going to be those here with differing opinions because there is some subjectivity to all of this. I think it would be helpful to refrain from accusing those who don't see it as as snowy an event as being negative. In this case, it would appear that they turned out to be right. 
It would also be nice for those who think the event is over actually waits for it to be over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, larrye said:

I Love snow, so much so that I make my own, but we need to be realistic. This isn't what we wanted it to be. You can pretend we are going to get hammered in the next few hours but youll just be disappointed.

I Love snow, so much so that I make my own, but we need to be realistic. This isn't what we wanted it to be. You can pretend we are going to get hammered in the next few hours but youll just be disappointed.

Who is we? Parts of jersey picked up an inch this last hour with a few more hours to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, larrye said:

This forum (and its former) have a history of people making claims of absolutes, all in the name of pushing back against wishcasting. One only needs to read the first few pages of nearly every single winter month thread going back a decade to find “the season is over”, “the pattern doesnt support snow”, etc...and yet here we are, with one of our snowiest decades in a long time. While the wishcasting and snow goggles are incredibly annoying, some of us find the posts by supposedly intelligent people who are only here to troll or try to be first to claim they had a bad pattern right much worse in the grand scheme of things. Especially when everyone here is supposedly of an age where acting like an asshole is typically frowned upon outside of ps4 games. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

This forum (and its former) have a history of people making claims of absolutes, all in the name of pushing back against wishcasting. One only needs to read the first few pages of nearly every single winter month thread going back a decade to find “the season is over”, “the pattern doesnt support snow”, etc...and yet here we are, with one of our snowiest decades in a long time. While the wishcasting and snow goggles are incredibly annoying, some of us find the posts by supposedly intelligent people who are only here to troll or try to be first to claim they had a bad pattern right much worse in the grand scheme of things. Especially when everyone here is supposedly of an age where acting like an asshole is typically frowned upon outside of ps4 games. 

In other words, if wishing for snow is eagles fans,  being a douchey obnoxious ass for no reason than to toot your own horn or to troll is patriots fans and sox fans combined.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Like I said, nothing wrong with posting any opinion ... snowy or not ... and why you have that opinion. I think it would just be appropriate to refrain from personalizing and from editorializing as a response to someone's opinion ... who may very well turn out to be right (or perhaps not).

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

This was a disaster of a forecast. No way around it. Anyone that has some semblance of forecast recognition knew that this was going to be a non-event for most in  this sub-forum.

Disagree. The NWS Upton disagees too.  Anyone who downplays every storm is bound to get a couple right.   You got 5 likes and I'm going to guess it's the rest of the downplaying every storm crew who are just as annoying as the the hype everything crew.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

In other words, if wishing for snow is eagles fans,  being a douchey obnoxious ass for no reason than to toot your own horn or to troll is patriots fans and sox fans combined.

And let’s not even get into the Yankee fan analogy but I digress, how insecure must one be to have a need to be the first one to “figure it out”?  Thats how I see those posts, that they’re made buy very insecure people. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, larrye said:

When its the same people every event it gets old. 

The opposite holds true too.  Same thing goes for the the two Tonys.

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Disagree. The NWS Upton disagees too.  Anyone who downplays every storm is bound to get a couple right.   You got 5 likes and I'm going to guess it's the rest of the downplaying every storm crew who are just as annoying as the the hype everything crew.  

Yep, even a broken clock is right twice a day...and boy do they boast when they are 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

The general idea of this storm was evident several days ago, minus some places like Boston which I thought would do a lot better but the east winds are still too warm for them this time of the year and the airmass was a bit too mild. We're in the "table scraps" part of the storm which may have been minor or more significant-looks like it will be more minor. But it's not totally over yet, models don't really pivot this out until after midnight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The general idea of this storm was evident several days ago, minus some places like Boston which I thought would do a lot better but the east winds are still too warm for them this time of the year and the airmass was a bit too mild. We're in the "table scraps" part of the storm which may have been minor or more significant-looks like it will be more minor. But it's not totally over yet, models don't really pivot this out until after midnight.

The airmass for this storm is crap which we can agree upon but this really was such a fail (in some locations) by the short range hi res models.  If we got the rates many of the models were showing it would have overcome the stale airmass.  I don't blame Upton or any of our optimistic weenies.  

• Like 1

Radar returns, though a bit weaker compared to past blockbuster storms, are getting that Northeast to southwest counter clockwise look. Let's see if the city members, without snow to this point, can grab a few inches. 

Not to rub salt but I'm over 6" with more to come. Currier and Ives outside right now; every branch is covered in white. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I'm so old I don't know what a ps4 game is...