Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

17 minutes ago, dave0176 said:

#9 school side of Port Reading, I’m gonna say an inch of slush on the paved and concrete surfaces, and a bit more super wet snow on the grass and cars. We never get snow over here. 

Yes, Woodbridge is a snow hole. Wait till it's snowing to beat the band 10 miles west or east and you're looking outside at mediocre snow growth and people here are telling you that you are wrong and just be patient. At 4 pm when I was walking in the park and it began to taper off, I said to myself, I bet this is it. And it was. There has been no significant accums since. But most schools in the region did let out early, avoiding the worst conditions.

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

This was a disaster of a forecast. No way around it. Anyone that has some semblance of forecast recognition knew that this was going to be a non-event for most in  this sub-forum.

You said that all along and stuck to it. Though I wouldn't call it a total non-event, and inch or two during commute coming down fast did have to be respected.  However, in years past, a storm of this level would not have been really newsworthy. Certainly when I started working in schools 30 years ago, it would not have merited an early dismissal. Why? We were less sophisticated and didn't have computer models printing up 8-12 all the time, scaring everyone half to death.

1 minute ago, Big Jims Videos said:

There's no reason Western NJ should still be in a winter storm warning when no accumulating snow fell from Trenton to Princeton and now they're only calling for 1-2 inches more.  Same goes for most of Hunterdon County south of Flemington. Where less than 2 fell all day.  

It’s ripping snow in my area.

great storm.

• Like 2

Just now, Animal said:

It’s ripping snow in my area.

great storm.

I don't mean for you.  I mean for areas where nothing fell.  Nothing is on the ground. Where is the justification for WSW when the actual forecast calls for an additional 1-2 inches on top of nothing?  How can that be substantiated? 

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Euro  still has snow for several more hours with a few inches.

My understanding is that you shouldn't bother with models when the storm is underway; since you can see the evolution of the storm, at least according to Steve DiMartini ( I know, he can't hit the side of a barn with his forecasts, but he is a pro met ) right in front of you....I think this storm is done Anthony, but I'm not a met or fortune teller. Perhaps someone will get something else out of this tonight, but it won't be anywhere near me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Jims Videos said:

There's no reason Western NJ should still be in a winter storm warning when no accumulating snow fell from Trenton to Princeton and now they're only calling for 1-2 inches more.  Same goes for most of Hunterdon County south of Flemington. Where less than 2 fell all day.  

It's not doing anything in large portions of Eastern NJ either....stopped at1-3 hours ago. And the 3 is being really generous....