Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

3 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

I figured if it did anything, we were ready for snow, but we were dry for hours.  It looks great out there now and we are starting to get a coating, but this band could easily pivot west of us fairly quickly...or die out while another one buries us in subsidence.  Temp now 34.

It’s pretty narrow - just drove East from Ex 60 LIE to 64 and went from moderate snow and 34f to drizzle and 38f.  Hopefully this fills in this evening.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

I wish we went back to storm mode where the admins deleted all the dumb replies in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There are plenty of dumb replies. Its annoying.  It is the same people who  are either trolling or just plain dumb.

34 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Congratulations on your retirement; my wife is also in the research end of the pharma business. I have 31 years at my job as well, but will hang on a little while longer, til my youngest graduates. As you may remember, I'm a practicing MSW with an interest in the social aspects of weather; some here often wonder what the heck that means. I think you are a good example; folks valued your input and want to keep in touch with you, but I suspect it is more than that. I think when you have worked with people for years, you develop bonds, and they want to stay in touch in some way. Best of luck to you, I have always enjoyed your analysis.

Thanks, that's nice of you to say - good luck in your final work years too.  Didn't realize that MSW was your area and yeah, leaving after 30+ years is a pretty big change (akin to a friendly divorce lol).  Fortunately, it was on my terms and they want me to come back part-time (~10 hrs/wk) for 6-12 months to consult at a nice rate, which I'll likely do, as I think it'll be a nice transition and a little extra income won't suck. Lots of bonds, too, as you said: most obviously, I managed groups of 10-25 for the last 20 years and probably 70% of our department was in my group at one time or another, and in addition, there have been the weather notes, the DJ-ing (I've been DJ-ing our annual BBQ and holiday parties for over 20 years and will still do those in retirement at least this year), and the Rutgers football games (our crew of 14 includes 3 guys from work and their wives and with Schiano coming back there's actually hope for the future).  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snowlover11 said:

screw zone about to move over eastern side of westchester county. :thumbsdown:

I've been in that zone since yesterday. I'm 500 yards from the Westchester line.

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Everyone else has a few inches. We shall see.

Not me, I have a combined .5" of ice and frozen white stuff from yesterday and today. 

9 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Thanks, that's nice of you to say - good luck in your final work years too.  Didn't realize that MSW was your area and yeah, leaving after 30+ years is a pretty big change (akin to a friendly divorce lol).  Fortunately, it was on my terms and they want me to come back part-time (~10 hrs/wk) for 6-12 months to consult at a nice rate, which I'll likely do, as I think it'll be a nice transition and a little extra income won't suck. Lots of bonds, too, as you said: most obviously, I managed groups of 10-25 for the last 20 years and probably 70% of our department was in my group at one time or another, and in addition, there have been the weather notes, the DJ-ing (I've been DJ-ing our annual BBQ and holiday parties for over 20 years and will still do those in retirement at least this year), and the Rutgers football games (our crew of 14 includes 3 guys from work and their wives and with Schiano coming back there's actually hope for the future).  

It is quite the accomplishment that your former employer is so intertwined with regards to your forecasts.

Being an Emergency Manager, I first hand know how important accurate meteorological forecasts are, so you have definitely made an impression.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Guys calm down he precip is redeveloping from the Long Island sound and will be heavier by 6pm. The rates should in after 6pm. The real stickage is from 6pm to midnight where New York City should get the 4-6

I agree

I dont know why people always downplay  during a storm.

• Like 1