Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

12 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Euro seems like it has feedback issues to me like UKMET with convection off the coast.  It puts too much precip over central and east LI in next 6 hours.  Its 18-00Z QPF for LI makes no sense to me.  It does match the 12KM NAM though for E NJ and the Metro with the idea there will be most of the accumulating snow 23-05Z 

There is a good amount of convection off the coast right now, maybe it’s really onto something? 

• Like 1

Just now, NYCweatherNOW said:

The only reason why it may not be low is cause right now City isn’t really accumulating because the ground is still warm, temps will drop once sun goes down

Biggest factors working against greater snowfall in NYC are the marginal temperatures and the fact that the best banding is probably going to be just to the West. That doesn't mean it's not going to snow there. Just don't think it adds up to all that much.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Biggest factors working against greater snowfall in NYC are the marginal temperatures and the fact that the best banding is probably going to be just to the West. That doesn't mean it's not going to snow there. Just don't think it adds up to all that much.

Agreed. I called 2-5" on FB for the city. Would be surprised if we get to 5. This one's got too much time to go to really know for sure, but I don't think the best banding will be here and we're always working against salted pavement. Still think this will be a great early season storm. 

11 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I assume you mean for coastal Queens and Kings County? Yes, don't expect much accumulation at all in those areas. I guess I could have put them in the 1-2" range but either way I think it's right around 1".

Everyone else has a few inches. We shall see.

3 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Agreed. I called 2-5" on FB for the city. Would be surprised if we get to 5. This one's got too much time to go to really know for sure, but I don't think the best banding will be here and we're always working against salted pavement. Still think this will be a great early season storm. 

The streets are starting to get slushy in Manhattan.  If we get banding , all the low totals will fail.

TWC has upped  the totals to 5-8 inches for NYC with the heaviest this evening and the snow ending  early Tuesday morning.

• Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

The streets are starting to get slushy in Manhattan.  If we get banding , all the low totals will fail.

TWC has upped  the totals to 5-8 inches for NYC with the heaviest this evening and the snow ending  early Tuesday morning.

The last time I took advice from TWC I was just about ten years old. 

• Like 1