Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

1 minute ago, JustinRP37 said:

If every storm is this stubborn this season I am either moving to Florida or northern Canada. One extreme or the other. I am hoping for 2-4 but given how many schools decided to open, I'm kind of hoping this doesn't ramp up until much later, as that would be a nightmare. 

Most schools in Westchester county either closed or are having early dismissals.

Upton might be planning changes.  Their new TAFs for LGA JFK have mod snow now

LGA  NWS 021542 AMD KLGA 021541Z 0216/0318 
  FM021800 36014KT 3SM -SNRA BR OVC008
  FM021900 36014G24KT 2SM -SN BR OVC008 TEMPO 0221/0301
  1/2SM      SN FG OVC006

FM030100 35017G25KT 1 1/2SM -SN BR OVC008
  FM030500 34018G27KT 6SM -SN BR OVC015
  FM030900 32016G22KT P6SM BKN030 BKN050
  FM031300 31015G21KT P6SM SCT030 BKN080

Can we all agree to calm down the crazy descriptions of snow this year...Getting 3-5 or 6-8 inches of snow over the course of an entire day is not getting "crushed." Its a great early season storm...People go nuts with this stuff for even a couple inches...drives me crazy when a 30 inch storm and a 3 inch storm sound exactly the same if you left out the amounts and didn't look out your window, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

Most schools in Westchester county either closed or are having early dismissals.

The majority were open with early dismissals right around the time models have the storm moving in. I was shocked how few districts were closed this morning. Glad many more are dismissing early, I just hope they get out before too long. I know Tuckahoe and Eastchester are still in session and planning on a full day.

2 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

Can we all agree to calm down the crazy descriptions of snow this year...Getting 3-5 or 6-8 inches of snow over the course of an entire day is not getting "crushed." Its a great early season storm...People go nuts with this stuff for even a couple inches...drives me crazy when a 30 inch storm and a 3 inch storm sound exactly the same if you left out the amounts and didn't look out your window, lol.

The thing is it’s going to ripping in the main band during the evening commute. It may only be a 5 mile wide area, but when it’s snowing 2-3”/hr it’s going cause a nightmare commute regardless of final totals 

. b1ac60134915a33bee4d46f9ba5bbc56.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

The thing is it’s going to ripping in the main band during the evening commute. It may only be a 5 mile wide area, but when it’s snowing 2-3”/hr it’s going cause a nightmare commute regardless of final totals 

On a serious note, this flashes back to Feb 2013. NO I AM NOT CALLING FOR 35"+. That withstanding, this type of banding during the evening commute can lead to very serious issues including main thoroughfares becoming impassible.

I would think OEM is at least considering this possibility due to the fact that - while not necessarily expected - it is possible today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

A large area is going to hit similar to a bombshell later today. It’s coming. Locally 10-12 is possible 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Its already wrong.  Its 16-17Z depiction based on current radar does not have the showery look between CDW-FRG.  I'm trying to find a high res model at the moment that seems to be handling this best.  Overall the HRRR might be closest.

HRRR trended east 

5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Its already wrong.  Its 16-17Z depiction based on current radar does not have the showery look between CDW-FRG.  I'm trying to find a high res model at the moment that seems to be handling this best.  Overall the HRRR might be closest.

You beat me to it, so far the HRRR seems to be the most accurate. It did very well with yesterday’s non event on the front end