Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

10 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

So it expanded that band?

Its really rare to get a big whopper in my parts this time of year, 3-4 solid inches, even if sloppy, would be a big deal. Go ten miles west its a different story. But not always, Boxing day delivered over 30 here and just a few inches not far west.

17 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

That actually shows a significant 4-5 inches northeastern NJ. That would be a decent event for this time of year, but is it counting sleet? and that cutoff looks awfully sharp.

There’s not going to be any sleet with that band. It’s cold aloft but warm at the surface. Your going to need it to rip for the surface temps to crash and snow to accumulate. Your going to lose some qpf to rain

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

There’s not going to be any sleet with that band. It’s cold aloft but warm at the surface. Your going to need it to rip for the surface temps to crash and snow to accumulate. Your going to lose some qpf to rain

Often the case, and yeah that does happen. It can start accumulating quickly, even if there's a lot of rain prior. Seen that lots of times. Makes cleanup interesting.

23 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Often the case, and yeah that does happen. It can start accumulating quickly, even if there's a lot of rain prior. Seen that lots of times. Makes cleanup interesting.

I’m expecting a tuff day of snow removal tomorrow. Today was a breeze with half an inch that’s washing away. I’ll be able to plow away some of the leaves that are still falling!

someone is in for a big big surprise tomorrow 

• Like 1